8 man roster | The Boneyard

8 man roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries but coming into the year we knew Durham was coming off of two blown knees, Alterique bad shoulder and I'm guessing the staff knew about Diarra's knee. So we had to expect there would be some sort of injury problems to our 11 man roster. Can we please stop fielding a f*--ing 11 man roster in the future.

Reaction Score
I mean, it's not like the staff didn't try.

Went after JUCO guard CJ Jackson, forward Justin Jackson, grad transfer Katin Reinhardt, grad transfer Andrew White and some others during the spring, but it didn't work out. No point in reaching for the likes of Rakim Lubin just to fill the last two spots.

It is what it is.

Reaction Score

Went after JUCO guard CJ Jackson, forward Justin Jackson, grad transfer Katin Reinhardt, grad transfer Andrew White and some others during the spring, but it didn't work out. No point in reaching for the likes of Rakim Lubin just to fill the last two spots.

It is what it is.
It would just be nice to have a roster of 13 players one of these years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As Van the Man says, it ain't why, it just is.

2016 has become the year of WTF, so this is fitting.

In an admittedly warped way, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I guess hope often springs eternal for me, so I'm waiting to see what kind of pearls this grit will yield.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm actually looking forward to what the new faces can do with having to play. Don't want Durham to extend past his capabilities.

Reaction Score
We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries but coming into the year we knew Durham was coming off of two blown knees, Alterique bad shoulder and I'm guessing the staff knew about Diarra's knee. So we had to expect there would be some sort of injury problems to our 11 man roster. Can we please stop fielding a f*--ing 11 man roster in the future.
You forgot to include the fact the staff knew Terry Larrier had ACLs in his knees when he transferred here

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
As Van the Man says, it ain't why, it just is.

2016 has become the year of WTF, so this is fitting.

In an admittedly warped way, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I guess hope often springs eternal for me, so I'm waiting to see what kind of pearls this grit will yield.

When you dive for pearls you come up with clams instead most of the time

Reaction Score
You forgot to include the fact the staff knew Terry Larrier had ACLs in his knees when he transferred here
Undoubtedly, it's reassuring Larrier has ACLs and the coaches actually knew so in advance. Progress!

Reaction Score

It is what it is.
Have you updated the scholarship grid with the 3 redshirts yet?

Also, do you know (or anyone) know of any possible grad transfers for next season? I'm guessing a C or PF would be welcome...

Reaction Score

Also, do you know (or anyone) know of any possible grad transfers for next season? I'm guessing a C or PF would be welcome...
Good call, I'll throw one up in a bit.

Not sure of the grad transfers for next season yet. Yeah, think we'll definitely be in the market for a 5th year big.

Reaction Score

Only guy that comes to my head right off the bat is Sean Obi from Duke, could even have two years of eligibility if he sits out this year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Alan Herndon

This guy is tops on my personal wish list.

Reaction Score
Alterique hurt his shoulder at the McD's game in the late spring. Way too late to make plans to stock the roster.

Reaction Score
Only guy that comes to my head right off the bat is Sean Obi from Duke, could even have two years of eligibility if he sits out this year.
He had no interest in us first transfer time around, doubt he will again. He also has ACL's and shoulders and weighs way too much for our program.

Reaction Score
Alan Herndon

This guy is tops on my personal wish list.
Obina Oleka at Arizona State might have a 5th year. Played one year of JuCo, sat out his second year, and is now in his second year at ASU as a senior. 6-8 230-lb PF.

Drick Bernstine (great name!) at North Dakota averages 10/9/4 as a PF. Terrible FT shooter tho, and not 100% sure he'll have a 5th year.

That's all I've found so far after a little googling.

EDIT: One more... Myles Bowman from High Point. 6-foot-6 230-lb PF. Probably not a high-major player, but he did have 17 & 10 vs. Virginia Tech, and 10 & 6 vs Clemson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Alterique hurt his shoulder at the McD's game in the late spring. Way too late to make plans to stock the roster.
I'm aware of that, also aware there would be some risk of another shoulder injury. Giving up two scholarship players is almost always a bad idea, it's made worse when you have players recovering from injuries.

Reaction Score
Obina Oleka at Arizona State might have a 5th year. Played one year of JuCo, sat out his second year, and is now in his second year at ASU as a senior. 6-8 230-lb PF.

Drick Bernstine (great name!) at North Dakota averages 10/9/4 as a PF. Terrible FT shooter tho, and not 100% sure he'll have a 5th year.

That's all I've found so far after a little googling.

EDIT: One more... Myles Bowman from High Point. 6-foot-6 230-lb PF. Probably not a high-major player, but he did have 17 & 10 vs. Virginia Tech, and 10 & 6 vs Clemson.
And one more...

Ronald Delph from Florida Atlantic

7-foot, 245-lb center averaging 12 points/9.5 rebounds/2.4 blocks on 60% FG/53% FT (68% last year so he's decent from the line)

Started his career at Auburn but never played a game for them. Got to think if he does decide to go elsewhere for a 5th year, everybody will be on him.

Let's just hope that Enoch & Durham develop so much over the next few months that this becomes moot.

Reaction Score
A far superior topping than turkey
I'm gonna call bulls##t on you not liking turkey sammies with the leftovers the weekend after Thanksgiving. Some deli turkey is pretty awesome for sammies as well.

Reaction Score
And one more...

Ronald Delph from Florida Atlantic

7-foot, 245-lb center averaging 12 points/9.5 rebounds/2.4 blocks on 60% FG/53% FT (68% last year so he's decent from the line)

Started his career at Auburn but never played a game for them. Got to think if he does decide to go elsewhere for a 5th year, everybody will be on him.

Let's just hope that Enoch & Durham develop so much over the next few months that this becomes moot.
No matter how much they develop I think we still need another 5. If Enoch is in foul trouble and Durham is our 5 it'll be an extremely weak rebounding lineup. Carlton is a wildcard but I think it'd be best if we bring in a proven big who can get 8-10rpg and possibly allow Carlton to redshirt and develop.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So, does Ollie call out the student body to ask for walk-ons? Betcha a couple of those football players could play a little hoop.

Reaction Score
So, does Ollie call out the student body to ask for walk-ons? Betcha a couple of those football players could play a little hoop.
TE Tommy Myers was all-state at Coventry and was 2nd in the country in rebounding his senior year, averaging 20 and 20. Had a couple lower level offers for basketball. A little undersized but a load at a 6'6" power forward. I don't doubt he could actually help this team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom