8-4 yes vote for nd | Page 2 | The Boneyard

8-4 yes vote for nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ACC football membership (specifically the few who value football above hoops) views the increased exit fee as a reasonable price to pay for the (risky) probability that if the day arrives when ND has no choice but to join a football conference, they will be painted into a corner in the ACC.

No one puts ND in the corner!

This is Swofford in 5 years:
2547357099_351b61b429.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
lmao

Nothing short of 50+ million per team per year could pull that off.

I think $25m plus the ability to control the last 4 spots gets it done tomorrow. The rest of the non-carolina ACC would trip over themselves to get in. We'd even have a few old friends come groveling.

PSU probably says no, but MD, Va, definitely ask in as does GT and perhaps UNC or WVa. Pitt, Cuse, and BC would do anything.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This move secures the ACC's relationship with ND and prevents ND from moving to the B10.

True/False?

False, ND does whats best for ND. All previous relationships be damned.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Georgetown or Villanova to ACC is coming...

'Nova would make sense as I doubt they were too happy with Temple coming in

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This move secures the ACC's relationship with ND and prevents ND from moving to the B10.

True/False?
False, As a partial member ND will not be subject to the $50M buyout.

Reaction Score
I believe the buyout is 3x times annual revenues, not $50 mill. Thus, ND would still have a buyout, but less than full members.

Reaction Score
False, As a partial member ND will not be subject to the $50M buyout.
Per ACC presser, $50mm applies to ND and applies as of today.

Reaction Score
If Notre Dame joins the ACC full time, I would expect UConn or Navy to be team 16 as ND is still angry at Rutgers for pulling out of a football series with them. UConn would have the edge due to better olympic sports.

Unfortunately, ND is never committing to the ACC full-time. We are trapped, unless the ACC gets raided (highly unlikely).

OMG ....

Nothing happens because of being pissed about a football series.

I think ESPN has set up the structure. It's OUR turn ... and 15 other schools to f----ing tear it down.

Reaction Score
Per ACC presser, $50mm applies to ND and applies as of today.

B10 makes $15m more a year than ACC. 2 years, and ND pays it off. Alumni chip in $20m.

Reaction Score
There really is less sentiment among ND people than you think about going to the BiG. Most don't really see it as a great move.

pj

Reaction Score
Surely the ACC can't unilaterally impose a $50 mn exit fee without teams having a chance to exit first?

If 8 schools can unilaterally raise exit fees on another school, then the ACC schools are morons for signing over essentially a super-GoR to Swofford and the lesser ACC schools. Whereas an ordinary GoR is limited to media rights and has a limited term (10-15 years), the ACC agreement is more like perpetual slavery -- they could make the exit fee $1 trillion and Florida State couldn't move its athletics to another conference on any terms, no matter how bad the ACC became for them.

I see either (a) lawsuits or (b) FSU/Clemson/NC State/Va Tech take advantage of a window to shop themselves around.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
now i see this

"Florida State Board of Trustees chairman Allan Bense told Warchant.com that Florida State voted against the Atlantic Coast Conference's new $50 million buyout announced Wednesday with the addition of Notre Dame as the league's 15th member".

"President Barron voted against it. I personally think that $50 million is punitive. I'm not sure that holds up," said Bense, who was named the chairman of the Board of Trustees for a two-year term in June. Bense also said that Maryland voted against the increased buyout. "I'm not implying that there's going to be any changes, but $50 million is a lot of money."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There is precedent here. When the ACC took Miami & Va Tech, the BE voted to increase the exit fee. BC did not vote (which is less of a stance than voting no) and when the BE attempted to impose the new fee on BC a few months later (when they did receive their invitation to the ACC), BC sued and won.

If any or all of FSU/Clemson/NC ST/Va Tech announce they are leaving in the reasonably near future I don't see have the new exit fee can be enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom