8-4 yes vote for nd | The Boneyard

8-4 yes vote for nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
on monday fsu, clem, vt, ncst said no. that tells you right there whats coming soon. the new buyout will send these teams off quickly.

be calm ppl, this is not close to done and uconn will be just fine. worst case is we end up in the worst of the 5 good fball confs.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
" The Atlantic Coast Conference Council of Presidents has unanimously voted to accept the University of Notre Dame as a new member."

"In addition to extending an invitation to Notre Dame, the Council of Presidents voted to increase the conference exit fees to three times the annual operating budget. Currently this would equate to an exit fee of over $50 million."

http://www.theacc.com/genrel/091212aaa.html
BC knows a vote isn't binding until the documents are dry. $50 million sounds like building a mile high prison wall to keep the occupants from fleeing.

Reaction Score
The ACC just agreed to let Notre Dame take deserving ACC football program bowl game slots. They did that so that they can have NOtre Dame basketball.

That should make FSU, Clemson, VTech...Miami....very happy.

Reaction Score
Dan, where are you getting your info?

Claver, committee votes are different from Presidential votes. Sometimes things don't even get out of committee. Both the Big10 in adding PSU and the ACC in adding BC and VT had a few negative votes in committee, while the ultimate decisions were unanimous. When it gets to the Presidents, it is all decided. At that point, there is no negative vote.

$50m is a huge amount, but not for FSU and Clemson going to the SEC. B12 is probably out of the question no however.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
clavers stuff is not the same vote. the point is this- the acc just made a power move bball wise, the effect is that nd gets bowl game stuff in fball but doesn't play for the acc. that fucks with the acc fball schools. that and the new buyout will be the last straw. the 4 schools that voiced a no are very interesting, fsu/clem make 12 for the b12 and a ship game. vt/ncst make 16 for the sec and the 2 markets they have been dying to get. both of those moves allow those conf's to open back up tv contracts. the sec really wants to do it and refresh its deal overall and the b12 will get 2-4mil more per teams easy with what was said when they just did there tv contract.

uconn will be just fine. the worst that can happen is that all u old timers who think cuse/miami/bc etc are so fun will get your shot for uconn to be in a northeast private school league.

we need to root for the b10 and b12 to go to work now that nd is off the table. if so its going to be fun to watch.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If Notre Dame joins the ACC full time, I would expect UConn or Navy to be team 16 as ND is still angry at Rutgers for pulling out of a football series with them. UConn would have the edge due to better olympic sports.

Unfortunately, ND is never committing to the ACC full-time. We are trapped, unless the ACC gets raided (highly unlikely).

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^ wish I could be that optimistic. Reply meant for Husky dan.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
$50m is a huge amount, but not for FSU and Clemson going to the SEC. B12 is probably out of the question no however.

The SEC gives them nothing. They like the big fish in the small pond thing where they can go undefeated and get to the Championship game more often.

One thing remains unchanged: If Rutgers had a commitment to athletics they'd be in the ACC.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Offer Fsu, Clemson, VT, NCState, and Miami chance to join us, UofL, and Cincy in a new conference sponsored by NBC. Maybe pick up PSU, and a few more once its a done deal.

Need 8 to start, then the four open slots become quite valuable.

I call this maneuver the, "Jack Sparrow"

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Dan- you still didn't answer Upstater's question as to where you got the 4 no votes from? I'm curious to see that as well.

Reaction Score
clavers stuff is not the same vote. the point is this- the acc just made a power move bball wise, the effect is that nd gets bowl game stuff in fball but doesn't play for the acc. that Fecunditys with the acc fball schools. that and the new buyout will be the last straw. the 4 schools that voiced a no are very interesting, fsu/clem make 12 for the b12 and a ship game. vt/ncst make 16 for the sec and the 2 markets they have been dying to get. both of those moves allow those conf's to open back up tv contracts. the sec really wants to do it and refresh its deal overall and the b12 will get 2-4mil more per teams easy with what was said when they just did there tv contract.

uconn will be just fine. the worst that can happen is that all u old timers who think cuse/miami/bc etc are so fun will get your shot for uconn to be in a northeast private school league.

we need to root for the b10 and b12 to go to work now that nd is off the table. if so its going to be fun to watch.
I for one, don't find it very fun to watch.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i got it from @mvheer3. he has been right on many thing tv contract wise and wvu wise. hell he even told ppl about the baseball stuff there before it was announced. he is connected. also dick v who i hate was on this early also. this was leaked all over.

Reaction Score
i got it from @mvheer3. he has been right on many thing tv contract wise and wvu wise. hell he even told ppl about the baseball stuff there before it was announced. he is connected. also dick v who i hate was on this early also. this was leaked all over.
Thanks, I was curious as to why the hell the ACC would ever leak that 4 schools turned down an incoming member. Not very welcoming.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The ACC just agreed to let Notre Dame take deserving ACC football program bowl game slots. They did that so that they can have NOtre Dame basketball.

That should make FSU, Clemson, VTech...Miami....very happy.

Nah they did that to duckck us, again. Think that we'll still be wrapped around ND football on NBC? I do but now we'll likely be wrapped around an ND/ACC game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Thanks, I was curious as to why the hell the ACC would ever leak that 4 schools turned down an incoming member. Not very welcoming.

yea, they would never do that. thats whyt he pres stuff is all goddy goody as usual.

my prediction for 2020

acc+nd
b10+ruty/kan/kst/ist
b12+byu/fsu/clem
pac+unr/haw
be+
sec+vt/ncst
b12+md/uconn/uva/lville
acc+temple/cincy
b12+unc/gt
pac+bsu/ust or cst or unlv
acc=bball league with crap priavte school fball

Reaction Score

MHver3@MHver3
@tobywayne10 majority vote. 4 schools against. FSU. Vt. Clemson. NCST

... and Cuse and Pitt got to vote as well.

Reaction Score
This move secures the ACC's relationship with ND and prevents ND from moving to the B10.

True/False?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The BiG will never add KSU or ISU.

If the SEC legitimately wanted NC St & Va Tech they could have had them at any time. That said, I believe they still can get them at any time (and adding those two states to their footprint could be a very good move for that conference).

The only current remaining variable is BYU and I imagine that this turn of events causes the B-12 to actually pursue them this time around (which would likely lead to Louisville joining the B-12 to keep the membership even).

The ACC football membership (specifically the few who value football above hoops) views the increased exit fee as a reasonable price to pay for the (risky) probability that if the day arrives when ND has no choice but to join a football conference, they will be painted into a corner in the ACC. Those who value basketball first aren't about to jump anyway (so the increase was easy) and the one ACC school who sucks at both (BC) is just giddy that the BE has been hurt even further.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If Notre Dame joins the ACC full time, I would expect UConn or Navy to be team 16 as ND is still angry at Rutgers for pulling out of a football series with them. UConn would have the edge due to better olympic sports.

Unfortunately, ND is never committing to the ACC full-time. We are trapped, unless the ACC gets raided (highly unlikely).
Navy plays all sports except football in the Patriot League... seriously the ACC would add Temple before Navy.

Reaction Score

Georgetown or Villanova to ACC is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom