8:30 start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

8:30 start

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We used to have Miami Vice parties. Pizza, lots of beer and the TV.
After "Miami Vice", one of the local channels used to show old "B" movies.
The name "Satan's Cheerleaders" sticks in my mind.

I think I watched "Satan's Cheerleaders" a few times but the version I saw usually had a bunch of squiggly lines and I'd keep having to mess with the cable box to try and get a better picture.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great. Right in the middle of a Matlock episode. Now I am going to have to a way to set my VCR so I don't miss second half of it.
#Notacasualfan.

I will re arrange my Friday night TV programming schedule to watch Huskies live.
Now if you could only get the light to stop blinking “12:00,12:00,12:00…”

Reaction Score
Love the 8:30 start time. Gives me time to get home from work , play with the kids, get them dinner , get them to bed(hopefully) , make a drink , get wifey and myself some takeout and settle in for the Game. Wish it was even a bit later. Worst case I’ll dvr it and be behind 30 mins. This is what I look forward to now on Friday nights lol
This is me exactly

Reaction Score
FS2. Does this mean I can actually watch the game? I don't know what that CBS + crap is but I don't like it. Reminds me of back in the day when UConn wasn't even on TV. The circle of life.

Reaction Score
UConn students have off the full week, today is the last day of classes
And you’re essentially evicted from your dorm until the weekend after the holiday. I forget if you need to be gone by Saturday or Sunday but that’s how it was when I was there 08-12

Reaction Score
I am going to Gampel tonight. But I just wanted to point out that I have Xfinity and pay extra for a sports package. FS2 is the only sports cha net not included. I get all the espns, cbs sports, nbcsports, acc, sec, NFL, NHL, NBA, FS1... but no FS2. It doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
I am going to Gampel tonight. But I just wanted to point out that I have Xfinity and pay extra for a sports package. FS2 is the only sports cha net not included. I get all the espns, cbs sports, nbcsports, acc, sec, NFL, NHL, NBA, FS1... but no FS2. It doesn't make sense.
I'm in CT with Xfinity and I get FS2. Are you in CT?

Reaction Score
Try UTube TV. I get everything I want except NESN

Reaction Score
And you’re essentially evicted from your dorm until the weekend after the holiday. I forget if you need to be gone by Saturday or Sunday but that’s how it was when I was there 08-12
They have eased up on that rule. The dorms are now open throughout Thanksgiving break for those who cannot travel home.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn students have off the full week, today is the last day of classes
That's just lame. Why the hell would they do that. They never did that when I was a student. My daughter has class Mon-Tues next week. Maybe AD Dave didn't realize the schedules were that idiotic.

Reaction Score
That's just lame. Why the hell would they do that. They never did that when I was a student. My daughter has class Mon-Tues next week. Maybe AD Dave didn't realize the schedules were that idiotic.
Many schools have the entire week off. Makes things easier for kids who live far away. My son is on his way home today since they have the week off also.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Classes went up to Wednesday when I was in school. My junior year, BAP was assigned that game for stands clean up as a fundraiser. I was the only one on my floor, watching the game until the after 8:00 TO, before walking over to Gampel. We were able to watch the rest of the game from the tunnel.

After, I went back to my room one last time to see if I forgot anything, before getting into my car to go home. Keys still worked. No one cared.

I remember collapsing into my childhood bed at 1:00, Thanksgiving morning.

Reaction Score
It’s Friday night who needs sleep, sleep is for the weak.
Me I work Saturdays, I told a coworker today working on a Saturday is for suckers. I hate it.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you’re situation is, but on my cable FS2 is limited to almost non-highdef. I found it’s much nicer through Roku and Fox Sports app, but I can’t dvr that. I’m watching live.
Optimum FS2 is god awful. Fuzzy out of focus, definitely better to stream and cast to the TV or use FoxSports app on the TV itself.

Reaction Score
I mean, I’m the guy who fell asleep before 8 PM and started watching the game at 6:15 today, so I think it’s clear where I stand.

#morningperson #lifeofateacher #ineedthanksgivingbreaksobadly

Last edited:
Reactions: Siv

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24