#7 Virginia Tech vs #2 Baylor - 3/23/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#7 Virginia Tech vs #2 Baylor - 3/23/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Coach Mulkey and her charges are rollin'!
The Hokies ought to Tap Out.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If I was Mulkey I pull all my starters and end of 3. Way too many bodies flying around.

Reaction Score
There is ZERO reason for any of the starters to be in playing in the 4th with a 30 point lead...

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Will The Lady Bears hang triple digits on the Hokies?

Reaction Score
Kim has her starters in still.... with a 34 point lead with 6 minutes to go

Either she is pissed at her bench and trying to send a message or Idk what else.

Reaction Score
Kim has her starters in still.... with a 34 point lead with 6 minutes to go

Either she is pissed at her bench and trying to send a message or Idk what else.
The best practice is playing in an actual game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Baylor is really looking good right now. They really know how to handle their business.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The best practice is playing in an actual game.
Does this sound at all familiar? People constantly complain about Geno leaving his starters in until about 3 minutes left. All from people who have never coached.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Baylor is really looking good right now. They really know how to handle their business.
Kim schedules soft ooc and I understand the impulse to punish her for that, but the past month they looked like a #1 seed and given Kim's post-season history it seems a damn shame she and Geno have to meet in the Elite Eight.

Reaction Score
Does this sound at all familiar? People constantly complain about Geno leaving his starters in until about 3 minutes left. All from people who have never coached.
While I agree, there were kids hitting the floor and limping which is why I was sorta concerned. That said the coaches know better than me.

Reaction Score
Kim schedules soft ooc and I understand the impulse to punish her for that, but the past month they looked like a #1 seed and given Kim's post-season history it seems a damn shame she and Geno have to meet in the Elite Eight.
I really hope Baylor or Stanford wins this year

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Watching that press conference, Carrington has all the qualities that say "future coach".

Reaction Score
I was shocked that VT didn't give Baylor more of a challenge. They just never got going at all. Baylor was a well-oiled, scary machine.
Everyone loves to talk about N. Smith, rightfully so as she is a good player. IMO, Egbo playing the way she has is what has taken baylor to the next level recently. To me she has been the most impressive player on the floor since the Big 12 tournament. Plus they are getting much better bench play.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Agree with you. Kitley isn't as mobile as Smith or Egbo, however, she never fouls. Smith needs to attack the rim. Baylor's key to a victory will be "DEFENSE." Baylor must stop the high % of 3's that VT can hit.
Baylor is absolutely on a roll and with Landrum stepping up big time on her scoring giving Smith another go to option. I still think Egbo has to watch her fouls and be more reliable as a scorer for Baylor to truly become a favorite but as is currently designed, the Baylor-UConn match is the game to have all eyes on down the road next Monday (providing of course both get past the speed bumps of Iowa and Michigan)... :cool:

Reaction Score
Landrum
what_year_is_it.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Come on man... Land Grant schools never Tap Out. :mad:
I have to say, while this beat down was painful, I did enjoy the fact that VPI made it to the 2nd round sans Mabry who left for "greener pastures" only to find...

Where's @Plebe when I need him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom