#7 UConn v. #9 Providence Friars (Friday 11/11/22 @ Schneider Arena @ 7p & Saturday 11/12/22 @ XL Center @ 3p). Both games on ESPN+. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#7 UConn v. #9 Providence Friars (Friday 11/11/22 @ Schneider Arena @ 7p & Saturday 11/12/22 @ XL Center @ 3p). Both games on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
BC/NE going to a shoot out. Nice military themed unis for NE On this Veterans Day. Thanks for your service vets, especially you @Viet Vet!

28627E6A-EDBE-4EAA-86CA-8F594CF78130.jpeg

Reaction Score
Good win! I’ll never understand why players snake their way to the net in a shootout. One player was successful with this approach at the Olympics and now many players use the same strategy. I don’t have a stat to support this, but it seems that players who go straight to the net have more options and more success.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What's the point of a shootout if the game still ends in a tie?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Good win! I’ll never understand why players snake their way to the net in a shootout. One player was successful with this approach at the Olympics and now many players use the same strategy. I don’t have a stat to support this, but it seems that players who go straight to the net have more options and more success.
Well…we got an extra point. Counts as a tie in the standings. Those extra points can add up though!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
What's the point of a shootout if the game still ends in a tie?
You get an extra point in league play…and in league play it’s all about who has the most points.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was out tonight. The new guy got us the extra point? That doesn't suck.

Reaction Score
Decent. Pretty much sold out. PC got loud at times. Our section behind UConn bench was there, but not too loud. Mostly family. Did let out a UConn call back and it was returned loudly after the goal. Coulda been better, but place was loud after the goal.

Always have fun there. Nice to win 2x in a row.I’ve been there when Nicols or huska let in like 8 one game. That was NOT FUN.

Reaction Score
I was at the game last night.. when PC scored the noise was unbelievable. Just under 3000 in attendance. About 100 + Husky fans. What a brawl. Round 2 this afternoon. Imagine the sound in our new place in January. I’m just afraid of getting screwed out of my season tickets because I’m not enough of a high roller

Reaction Score
I was out tonight. The new guy got us the extra point? That doesn't suck.
Cav has done very well with the grad student transfer portal - keep it up! BTW, when we play Cornell at MSG in two weeks, he should put a bug in Mike Schaefer's ear that we have fine grad school opportunities for his graduating players!

Also, worth mentioning again - our conditioning has taken a big step forward this year. It really shows imo.

Reaction Score
good announcer!
Agreed. He was terrific and really got into the excitement of the game and really seemed to appreciate the opportunity to call it over the air. Even though he was Providence’s play by play voice, he wasn’t the blateant homer we’re used to hearing from some other schools. And he was flying solo - so colour voice on the side to assist. Kudos…

Reaction Score
I hate this 3 on 3 crap
Agreed - it’s both gimmicky and boring. There’s more excitement with 5v5 - certainly many more shots than just wheeling around the entire rink playing pond hockey and possessing the puck for that “perfect” shot In 3v3. Perhaps more goals scored 3v3 - gotta ask the metrics peeps about that - but the product is lame to watch.

Reaction Score
Yeah baby…Pearson!
Give props to Cavs for knowing when to use a time out. That #1 unit was bangin’ at the door in first Minute of the power play and as a result of the TO we’re able to go back out there and finish the job.

Reaction Score
Not a league game, so considered a tie.
Pairwise also considers the 1-1 game with Providence to be a tie. HE awards the extra point for standings/seeding purposes only.

Reaction Score
Agreed - it’s both gimmicky and boring. There’s more excitement with 5v5 - certainly many more shots than just wheeling around the entire rink playing pond hockey and possessing the puck for that “perfect” shot In 3v3. Perhaps more goals scored 3v3 - gotta ask the metrics peeps about that - but the product is lame to watch.

I don't like it either. I don't like it when a sport changes the basic way that it is played during the normal length of a game when overtime occurs. This includes things like 3 on 3 hockey, or a runner on 2B to start an inning in baseball in extra innings.

Reaction Score
Howdy folks! Any link for today, even a radio stream? I’ll be driving for most of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom