7 tandems (NCAA article) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

7 tandems (NCAA article)

Reaction Score
There is now however an alternative to alternative facts. Haven't you heard? It's called politics.
whisper-100469570-large.jpeg

Reaction Score
Indeed, Lou is 'pretty clearly' UConn's best. That's hogwash. She is ONE of UConn's best, along with Pheesa and Gabby, and Kia's not far behind. They've all been the best at various times this year.

It P's me off that everyone is giddy over Lou and Pheesa. Fair enough, but Gabby definitely in the process is getting short shrift. And as far as I'm concerned, Gabby is 'clearly' a bit ahead in regard to 'UConn's best.' She's been most consistent. So why has the misleading 'Samuelson & Collier' nonsense persist. Even among some BYers.
I agree that Gabby is not getting as much notoriety as does KLS and Pheesa and obviously deserves to. One reason may be because she is now a junior and prior to this year she had some"special moments" but they weren't that frequent but it seems like her overall game has really exploded this year with so much consistency in every facet of her game. KLS and Pheesa being a year behind and seemingly waiting in the wings for the Big 3 to move on, have played wonderfully this year with KLS having shown signs in the latter half of her freshman year that she was going to be special. In any case, all three rightfully deserve great praise for their performances and though Kia has played very well and eliminated the tendency to be out of control at times, I do think she is a step below the other three. KLS happens to be my favorite but I feel we're talking apples and oranges amongst the three and the loss of any of them could possibly eliminate the chance to compete for a fifth straight title. I hope we don't have to find out.

Reaction Score
Just look at UConn's supporting cast and compare it to Washington's. Which is better? When Lou or Pheesa is having an off quarter or two or get into foul trouble and have to sit, Gabby comes through. Or Saniya. Or Crystal Dangerfield. Or Kia. UConn's philosophy has always been multiple options on the floor so that the opposing defenses can't play off anyone. Not Washington. Now considering minutes, I've mentioned that if Lou played the same number of minutes as Plum perhaps her numbers would be equivalent. Maybe better. But I don't bet on potential. What is, is. What ain't, ain't. Washington has the best scoring duo, as evidenced by the numbers. The best scoring team? The best team? Not at all. Not close.
I'm just throwing out that UConn has played almost half their games against top 15 teams and I don't get the impression that Washington's schedule is anywhere near as difficult. I could be wrong but considering the fact that these two play more minutes likely against lesser talent and are the go to guys, that the potential for their stats to look great is far higher than for the ladies from Storrs. It seems like a lot of the posts are focused on STATS and not necessarily who's doing what against whom and doing things at critical times. I saw Plum only briefly last year and I wasn't awed by her though she obviously is talented.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm just throwing out that UConn has played almost half their games against top 15 teams and I don't get the impression that Washington's schedule is anywhere near as difficult. I could be wrong but considering the fact that these two play more minutes likely against lesser talent and are the go to guys, that the potential for their stats to look great is far higher than for the ladies from Storrs. It seems like a lot of the posts are focused on STATS and not necessarily who's doing what against whom and doing things at critical times. I saw Plum only briefly last year and I wasn't awed by her though she obviously is talented.
Yeah but although UConn's OOC was harder the Pacific 12 is to me the second best in the country so....

Reaction Score
I don't disagree (how can one disagree with facts; or sorry, it's now possible to make up your own facts, but still...) that Washington's tandem is higher scoring, but that's not the headline of the article. It's the most talented tandem. That includes defense, ability to make the rest of the team better, future potential, etc. Is anyone's tandem seriously close to UConn in terms of that type of talent?
Thanks for the cover up (of me) . I think it is misleading to speak of KLS in terms of potential--an in my opinion it is huge--but right now, right here. I'd put Collier against Osahor and give her 5 points---the same is Katie Lou and Plum. I refer to last year--yea Stewie, Tuck, Mo--still both were pretty much minimized until late in the second half. If you follow Geno--with top scorers--he'll hold them in check until the score is such that they cannot win the game then let them have their points.
Uconn (this 5) against UW's 5 --Uconn by 20. How great is a player that can be held in check?? That's been tried on KLS--and she finds ways to score or feed secondary scorers. I'm not sure the what it takes to become and AA --but if scoring is the only attribute--then they can stick it--it should be scorer of the year--Players are all around in every aspect.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
In articles like this : You can see the glass half full ---or half empty. In terms of Geno, staff, and the larger majority of Uconn fans--do you ever truly believe GABBY shall become an AFTERTHOUGHT???

Never. Wait until South Carolina. Not only will Gabby Williams not be an afterthought, but she will probably be...badass?

Reaction Score
Never. Wait until South Carolina. Not only will Gabby Williams not be an afterthought, but she will probably be...badass?

Do you think Gabby in any game shall be less than (a word I don't like to use) a bad ass. It took me a full year and a half to appreciate Gabby--now I'm amazed and confounded by her abilities, many manners in which she scores. How can a 5 ft something (they say 11 --closer to Molly's 9) reach the heights, score so in such improbably circumstances---in the Temple game she forcefully split 2 defender to make a pass to Collier who scored easily--amazing!! In every game --Gabby is my thought--and after the game too. That's the only time she can become and AFTERTHOUGhT..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im surprised that list didnt include Syracuse's duo.... but then again.. not sure who you would knock off to keep the list at 7. It should be an interesting matchup next friday night in Durham between Peterson and Sykes vs Brown and Greenwell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom