7 Seed is a blessing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

7 Seed is a blessing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree with the Nova fan. UMass split with St. Joe's. They've got Galloway who will get his points and Kanasevic who might be a tough matchup down low. They also have Roberts and a freshman Bembry that can get hot, but if UConn plays like they did against Memphis ..it will be on to the Villanova game

Reaction Score
Actually I was using your figures. You stated that "the other data point is that 7 seeds rarely (only 27% of the time) get out of the first weekend." The 60% after the first game has no affect on that as to get out of the first weekend you have to win your first two games so that would indicate that only 27% by getting out of the first weekend won their second game. If you get out of the first weekend you are in the sweet 16, so by your figures the 7 gets to the sweet 16 27% of the time. I am not sure where you are getting the 16-17% from. If your 27% figure is accurate it appears that the 7 seed wins the second game at the same percentage as you reported the 10 seed to win 45% (60% x 45% = 27%).
Basically, 10s that get through game 1 have a much better chance of going to the Sweet 16. they win 40% of the time against the 2 and 45% of their round of 32 games. & seeds have a better chance of getting through to the round of 32, though not that great considering only 8 seeds win a lower percentage of their games, and 6 and 5 seeds win way more (high 70s-80%). But #7s only win 27% of their 2nd round games. My basic point in all this is that based on the historic results, being a 7 seed isn't a great place to be. It essentially means you have tough games from Day 1 and its much more likely that you'll lose if only because there are no Cal Polys or Texas southerns...

Reaction Score
Basically, 10s that get through game 1 have a much better chance of going to the Sweet 16. they win 40% of the time against the 2 and 45% of their round of 32 games. & seeds have a better chance of getting through to the round of 32, though not that great considering only 8 seeds win a lower percentage of their games, and 6 and 5 seeds win way more (high 70s-80%). But #7s only win 27% of their 2nd round games. My basic point in all this is that based on the historic results, being a 7 seed isn't a great place to be. It essentially means you have tough games from Day 1 and its much more likely that you'll lose if only because there are no Cal Polys or Texas southerns...
How did your math work out Free?

As I said seeds do not mean much, it is about match ups, the 7th seed in the East was a blessing.

Dallas here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds