7 days between games. | The Boneyard

7 days between games.

Reaction Score
What do you Hurley and coaching staff concentrating on with 7 full days between games?

Any adjustments? Will it show up in the games?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Defense and foul shooting. Really that is our identity. We need work on stopping dribble penetration the only guard we have that does that reasonably well is Diara. What I don’t get is even if you are slower like TN is, there should be more times he gets beat by the off hand. His guy always goes by him with their strong hand. Would it not be better if he was least sometimes forcing them inside the paint rather than the lay up line lane. I understand many times he is coming off screens etc, but some one please correct me if I am wrong on forcing a quick player to their off hand. It gets done to JH all the time and he has done well with his lefty hook lay ups but he is much better going to his right when going to the basket.

Reaction Score
I’d like to think that they’d be practicing free throws as a result of making attacking the rim a point of emphasis. I also hope that they are working on lineups with NA in Jackson’s place.

Reaction Score
Need to work on dunking the ball since layups are an issue...

3_750x750_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Reaction Score
Practice zone or going under screens against anybody that’s not the PG (Dawes) because Seton Hall can’t shoot

Tell Diarra to hound Newton all practice and force Newton to be aggressive getting to the lane and basket anyway

Park Andre near the paint or have him be a screen setter, not having the ball at the 3 point line

Reaction Score
1) Newton playing well is the biggest key for this team. Try to figure out how to figure out how to keep him playing aggressively.
1A) Biggest challenge for the coaching staff is figuring out what to do with Jackson offensively. Can he be a net positive without shooting much? I hope they can figure something out. If they can't, he has to sit more.

3) Figuring out when and how to play Clingan and Sanogo together and practice it some. I don't think it will work well in most situations, but it should be a possibility that other teams have to prepare for.
4) Need to get Joey C. confidence back up. That bench that we said was such a strength early in the year needs to be helping again.

Orc

Reaction Score
What do you Hurley and coaching staff concentrating on with 7 full days between games?

Any adjustments? Will it show up in the games?
Andres 3 point shooting :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
7 days... Probably everything will be fixed and 5 games left.... 4 games big east tourney ... 6 games to win the ncaa tourney... 15-0 coming soon.
Keep in mind, allowing for everything that will go into fully workshopping these stellar suggestions, that instant results are not guaranteed.

A 3-2 record would likely bring fan base ugliness to a rolling boil, but it would also pave the way for a 32-9 final record, with a 10-0 post-season...so long as an 11-9 conference record would result in a 6-seed in the BE Tournament. Check out the 2011 season

Of course we'd probably need locker room talk from Kemba, Makers Muppet coming out of hiding, and more.

In the alternative, let it play out a game at a time, and may this forum set about to building itself as a team for superior support.

The trade deadline has passed.
This is our coaching staff.
This is our final roster.
We are The Boneyard.
Sled-pulling as one.
It's time; Go UConn!

O
G
A
A
T

Reaction Score
figure out a way to get Kadari in foul trouble because we don't have a PG that can withstand getting backed down every possession and the refs aren't going to give us 5 charges. Or figure out if AK guards him and potentially gets into foul trouble what that does to our offense. Or for the love of god practice a zone defense.

Reaction Score
Double Richmond when he backs down. Can he pass? Work on all guards running tight to the screen so our bigs are not called for moving screens. Inbounding the ball under pressure situations late in the game. Just plain inbounding the ball against pressure. Getting Newton to play up to his ability.

Reaction Score
This team is not the 2011 team in so many aspects starting with the coach, the experienced and multifaceted big with a extremely high level bb IQ to a Ben Gordon which this team has no one with that multifaceted offensive game. There was sense of leadership and direction on that team. This team is a leaderless amalgamation of talented pieces. None has experienced a NCAA win.
If UConn wins one NCAA game that is a step up
First, this team goes nowhere without DC getting starter minutes
If AJax continues to be no show on the offensive side of the ball, the suicide watch continues.
NA is not an answer for anything this team does- he doesn’t fit in
JoeyC has to step up or just sit
Is SJ still in Storrs?
If Sanogo isn’t going to be a defensive factor underneath get him to play the traditional 4 and be sure DC is underneath
Newton is not a pg but he is all they have so he cannot hide in his shell
Hawkins being abused by the other team every game and still no plays are run for him- that’s malpractice
The total defensive team concept has left this team. Early in the season they helped each other out and talked the switches were seamless. Not any longer.
It’s been extremely stressful to watch this team since the calendar switched to 2023. We all knew the NBE would be competitive but to see UConn with their heads nearly above .500 in league play is inexcusable.
This team could turn it around and wouldn’t that be fantastic but everyone on this board, who is honest to themselves, do you see it? Do they have a run in them? Yes but an extended run? Not playing as they have.
As Hans said this is the coaching staff we have"………
Perhaps I misread or a word was omitted but did you say we don’t run plays for Hawkins?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Double Richmond when he backs down. Can he pass? Work on all guards running tight to the screen so our bigs are not called for moving screens. Inbounding the ball under pressure situations late in the game. Just plain inbounding the ball against pressure. Getting Newton to play up to his ability.

Still, most of those moving screens are bigs who just can't help themselves and throw a hip or shoulder at the moment of impact. Drives me crazy. Literally stand there and don't move and no foul can be called. Guards need to work on their timing but bigs need to learn to stand still and straight.

Reaction Score
Still, most of those moving screens are bigs who just can't help themselves and throw a hip or shoulder at the moment of impact. Drives me crazy. Literally stand there and don't move and no foul can be called. Guards need to work on their timing but bigs need to learn to stand still and straight.
Jake Voskuhl - the master at his craft

Reaction Score
Joey C has the shortest leash of any player on the team. His first shot is usually his last if it doesn't go in and if he misses his second it's bye bye again. If we're going to settle on a rock fight style which I hate we at least have to be winning those close games. If we aren't you need to get more production from your shooters, all of them. Not sure of the exact formula but playing what looks like 3 or 4 against 5 on offense isn't working well enough for March to be successful.

Reaction Score
Seems like Clingan does this once a game. Although I will say he seems to get called for a lot of pretty soft fouls on both ends

Reaction Score
If we're going to settle on a rock fight style which I hate we at least have to be winning those close games.
We're 28th in the country in points per games, there have been very few rock fights this year

Reaction Score
Joey C has the shortest leash of any player on the team. His first shot is usually his last if it doesn't go in and if he misses his second it's bye bye again. If we're going to settle on a rock fight style which I hate we at least have to be winning those close games. If we aren't you need to get more production from your shooters, all of them. Not sure of the exact formula but playing what looks like 3 or 4 against 5 on offense isn't working well enough for March to be successful.
Joey is shooting 26.7% from the field in conference games and isn't a great defender, that is basically unplayable unfortunately. Creighton was an especially bad matchup for him with their guards speed and offensive firepower.

Reaction Score
This team is not the 2011 team in so many aspects starting with the coach, the experienced and multifaceted big with a extremely high level bb IQ to a Ben Gordon which this team has no one with that multifaceted offensive game. There was sense of leadership and direction on that team. This team is a leaderless amalgamation of talented pieces. None has experienced a NCAA win.
If UConn wins one NCAA game that is a step up
First, this team goes nowhere without DC getting starter minutes
If AJax continues to be no show on the offensive side of the ball, the suicide watch continues.
NA is not an answer for anything this team does- he doesn’t fit in
JoeyC has to step up or just sit
Is SJ still in Storrs?
If Sanogo isn’t going to be a defensive factor underneath get him to play the traditional 4 and be sure DC is underneath
Newton is not a pg but he is all they have so he cannot hide in his shell
Hawkins being abused by the other team every game and still no plays are run for him- that’s malpractice
The total defensive team concept has left this team. Early in the season they helped each other out and talked the switches were seamless. Not any longer.
It’s been extremely stressful to watch this team since the calendar switched to 2023. We all knew the NBE would be competitive but to see UConn with their heads nearly above .500 in league play is inexcusable.
This team could turn it around and wouldn’t that be fantastic but everyone on this board, who is honest to themselves, do you see it? Do they have a run in them? Yes but an extended run? Not playing as they have.
As Hans said this is the coaching staff we have"………
VERY well said... To deny what you have said therein admits that the denier's head is somewhere it should not be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom