#7 Baylor @ Texas Tech - 2/10/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Lubbock, TX - 7:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
#7 Baylor vs. Texas Tech (W Basketball) | Watch ESPN (ESPN+)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Didi took a nasty spill! Hopes she’s not injured! This is a great opportunity for Owens

Reaction Score
I still don't get how Trinity gets all those minutes, Carrington, J. Oliver, and Owens IMO should be getting more of those minutes.

Reaction Score
Ag
I still don't get how Trinity gets all those minutes, Carrington, J. Oliver, and Owens IMO should be getting more of those minutes.
Agreed. She really don't do anything bad. But she don't bring anything to the table either. She just there. There's 4 5 star guards on that bench.

Reaction Score
Kim has said because of her defense. And when she’s on, she can hit some midranges! She’s been off the last 5 games but she can hit the midrange.

Reaction Score
Ag
Agreed. She really don't do anything bad. But she don't bring anything to the table either. She just there. There's 4 5 star guards on that bench.
Yea I wasn't trying to bring down Trinity. She seems like a great kid who plays hard, I just don't see what the coaches are seeing.

I really thought after that Iowa St game, Baylor may have found a big spark moving forward with Owens. Its been quite the opposite riding the bench most of the time. I'm not saying give Owens and etc all those minutes but I figured they would be getting more than what they are getting now.

Reaction Score
Kim has said because of her defense. And when she’s on, she can hit some midranges! She’s been off the last 5 games but she can hit the midrange.
I understand that but IMO when Baylor faces the big dogs in the NCAAT, they will be using Carrington and Jordyn much more than Trinity come crunch time.

Quite frankly Jordyn is a helluva defender actually, better than Trinity, although has Never been super flashy offensively.

Andrews and Gusters really need another full offseason. Don't think they are ready for significant time. Although they have had their moments.

Reaction Score
I understand that but IMO when Baylor faces the big dogs in the NCAAT, they will be using Carrington and Jordyn much more than Trinity come crunch time.

Quite frankly Jordyn is a helluva defender actually, better than Trinity, although has Never been super flashy offensively.
Yeah that’s why I’m not worried about her starting because carrington plays more minutes than trinity! And trinity just made a midrange lol

Reaction Score
Trinity has hit 2 midrange shots! And people wonder why Owens don’t get minutes. She’s already picked up 3 fouls. It’s her defense that’s holding her back from minutes

Reaction Score
Yea I wasn't trying to bring down Trinity. She seems like a great kid who plays hard, I just don't see what the coaches are seeing.

I really thought after that Iowa St game, Baylor may have found a big spark moving forward with Owens. Its been quite the opposite riding the bench most of the time. I'm not saying give Owens and etc all those minutes but I figured they would be getting more than what they are getting now.
Trinity is a solid player who is consistent on both ends of the floor. She will never make a spectacular play, but rarely makes a major mistake. The problem is that with her and Didi in the same lineup, there is minimal threat from deep. I think Trinity and her mid-range game would be much more effective if paired with 2 consistent shooters willing to shoot the three. It is just too easy for teams to pack it in and play a zone when they know that Didi and Trinity are no threat to shoot from outside 15 feet or so.

Reaction Score
Trinity is a solid player who is consistent on both ends of the floor. She will never make a spectacular play, but rarely makes a major mistake. The problem is that with her and Didi in the same lineup
This is what I was trying to get to. The starting lineup is not ideal because all teams will do Is pack it in. Ursin is the only legit threat from deep. When Carrington comes in, its a very different ball game as you now have a couple kids who can stretch the floor to give Smith and Egbo a little more room.

Reaction Score
As good as Baylor is this year(not as dangerous as other years, but still can contend ). With their style of offense with emphasis on getting it to the paint. I still think having that true point guard would make things much better. Didi is a great and proven player. But... She did much better cleaning the glass and cuttin to the basket when bigs would get doubled or tripled. Now it's much harder against decent teams because they can leave her with space while packing the paint. Knowing she won't shoot. Maybe I'm wrong. Because she is really good at the PG position but she's much better off ball.

Reaction Score
As good as Baylor is this year(not as dangerous as other years, but still can contend ). With their style of offense with emphasis on getting it to the paint. I still think having that true point guard would make things much better. Didi is a great and proven player. But... She did much better cleaning the glass and cuttin to the basket when bigs would get doubled or tripled. Now it's much harder against decent teams because they can leave her with space while packing the paint. Knowing she won't shoot. Maybe I'm wrong. Because she is really good at the PG position but she's much better off ball.
She’s not really a scorer. Defense is her thing. I recall her making Gondrezick’s night miserable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom