#7 Baylor @ Texas Christian - 1/02/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Fort Worth, TX - 2:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
#7 Baylor vs. TCU (W Basketball) | Watch ESPN (ESPN+)

Audio:

Live stats:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The ESPN+ commentators, who are Baylor's, did not elaborate why either Kim nor Raegan were coaching. They only noted how long each assistant- Bill Brock at Baylor and Hanna at TCU had been with their head coaches....Nothing on the Baylor website either...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I am also wondering how exactly Kim was exposed and whether or not the Lady Bears should be on the court today? I do know that Kim gave her team 6 days off for Christmas, so it’s possible that she hasn’t been around the team since she was exposed to the virus.

Reaction Score
I will get heat for this comment but Didi can't be the best Baylor can do at PG and Trinity Oliver isn't starting 5 material.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A Ft Worth newspaper specifically indicated that Pebley was quarantining due to exposure to someone with Covid. There is no other source on Kim other than the game announcers.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming this is related to something over Christmas holidays for Kim

Reaction Score
I am impressed with Hannah Gusters, she's gonna be a good one.

This 2nd lineup has way better chemistry. Egbo has been very disappointing this year for me. She does better coming off the bench IMO

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didi Richards ended that half badly. Who throws an inbounds at a opposing player 10 feet from the baseline?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Baylor is an excellent defensive team, but with the graduation of Cox, Landrum & Cooper, they are offensively challenged.

Reaction Score
Baylor is an excellent defensive team, but with the graduation of Cox, Landrum & Cooper, they are definitely offensively challenged.

Well they continue to play Trinity Oliver and it becomes 4 on 5.

Reaction Score
Baylors best stretch of basketball came with Smith, Gusters, Richard, Andrews and Ursin in the game in the first and Brock never went back to it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well they continue to play Trinity Oliver and it becomes 4 on 5.
That’s part of the problem. But their offense basically entails pounding the ball inside and crashing the boards. They don’t space the floor and move the ball on the perimeter. The Lady Bears remind me of one of Pat Summitt’s LV teams.

Reaction Score
That’s part of the problem. But their offense basically entails pounding the ball inside and crashing the boards. They don’t space the floor and move the ball on the perimeter. The Lady Bears remind me of one of Pat Summitt’s LV teams.

They pound it inside because they don't have the shooters like last year. Ursin, Carrington and Andrews are the only real threats to space the floor from outside.

Maybe Jaden Owens can help but she will need reps if Baylor will actually give her that chance.

I think at this point Baylor is a very good team but not elite. They still have a lot of work to do. Need more offense and cutting down turnovers. Their freshmen are talented but need more games. Egbo has to step up because they are counting on her this year, she hasn't so far.

Reaction Score
Nice game for Moon Ursin and Gusters. UCONN will be the biggest challenge left on the schedule. Will tell us a lot more about Baylor since their Arkansas game.

I don't know how Kim can't start Carrington against UCONN, got to put your best foot forward. They NEED offense.

Reaction Score
Nice game for Moon Ursin and Gusters. UCONN will be the biggest challenge left on the schedule. Will tell us a lot more about Baylor since their Arkansas game.

I don't know how Kim can't start Carrington against UCONN, got to put your best foot forward. They NEED offense.
Gusters looks like UConn should be able to run her ragged. But ONO isn’t going to move her anywhere if they don’t.

Reaction Score
Gusters looks like UConn should be able to run her ragged. But ONO isn’t going to move her anywhere if they don’t.

Gusters is talented but really needs another offseason with strength and conditioning to improve some on mobility. She gets better every game though, she definitely helps Baylor offensively. Today was the first time I got to see her range.

Egbo is very needed in this game but she unfortunately has a bad history with committing bad fouls and sitting on the bench in these type of games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom