6 player rotation | The Boneyard

6 player rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears there will be a 6 player rotation in the big games. Even with KML first game back against Rutgers there was much less continuity to the offensive flow when the bench was utilized beyond Kiah.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A good question - it seems when KML is in the rotation, when Geno has three guards on the floor Moriah gets shifted away from the point a lot and ends up lost on the wing. And if Moriah is on the point, Banks and Chong have been reluctant to take the spot up three so the offense tends to stagnate.

Reaction Score
Neither Banks nor Chong are Mosqueda-Lewis. As Geno said after last night's game, with Mosqueda-Lewis in the game it forces the defense to put a body on her whereas with Chong and Banks you could help off them and double Stewie for example. Kiah serves a specific defensive purpose that is quite effective as we've seen the last few weeks. The other two, I'm not sure what they add right now other than giving someone a couple of minutes of a breather.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It appears there will be a 6 player rotation in the big games. Even with KML first game back against Rutgers there was much less continuity to the offensive flow when the bench was utilized beyond Kiah.

The only thing we can be sure of is that there was a six player rotation in the last game. If matchups dictate a smaller quicker line-up I don't think Geno would hesitate to use Chong/Banks as well.

Reaction Score
Yes, in the big games and certain matchups. In the lesser games like the early games in the AAC and NCAA tournaments, the rotation could go to 8. Certainly by the AAC final and NCAA sweet 16 or elite 8 games, the competition could warrant a reduced rotation.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It will likely be 6 and 8 only as possible or necessary.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
We are pretty formidable when our three bigs are in. Can't tell you how many times I've watched players dribble in to about ten feet of the basket and just turn around and go back.

Reaction Score
We have 3 games coming up in 3 days in the AAC tourney. I think we will see
all eight players in at least the first two games. We can't afford not to rest our
starters when we can. If we suffer an injury to one of our top players it will cost
us dearly. Geno knows what he's doing. Go Huskies!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Huge drop-off between 6 and 8 on this team. Huge. Like last night, just 6 when they play the iron.

Reaction Score
saniya and brianna best continue to get plenty of minutes. there will certainly be no problem with that in the aac tourney, and the first few games of the big tourney. you just never know when they might be needed down the road.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
saniya and brianna best continue to get plenty of minutes. there will certainly be no problem with that in the aac tourney, and the first few games of the big tourney. you just never know when they might be needed down the road.
What's your defination of the word "plenty?"

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
What's your defination of the word "plenty?"
I learned recently on the BY that 4 = "a lot", so plenty probably amounts to either the 1 to 2 minutes Saniya and Brianna got in the last game and certainly the 6 to 7 they have averaged over the last two games.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I mentioned in another thread that I thought the rotation had as much to do with Geno wanting the starters 'seasoned' as it did with anything about the bench. That was likely the largest and most hostile crowd Uconn will experience this year including if they get to the FF. Letting the starters experience that and play through fatigue in that environment against a really good team after some less than stellar competition in front of small crowds for most of the last month was a chance not to be missed. Geno is in tournament mode at this point and he is more concerned with the five starters being right than with the 3 on the bench - if the starters aren't right the team is not going to win an NC, if the bench struggles a little they can still win.

Reaction Score
Been thinking that for a while now... we just don't seem to be as smooth as we were earlier in the year. I think we get scouted very well, and we sometimes don't make that adjustment Geno expects on the first few tries. Not a problem for me to see Kiah Stokes getting minutes. I know we will own the boards and will alter a few shots too. A big dropoff from Stef on offense, but a plus on D.

Reaction Score
6 is obviously all you are going to see in the real games. Unless someone gets hurt or we have 2 in major foul trouble.

Geno's got 8 more rings than I have. But I'd be playing Banks a bit (and I mean in the real games, not games vs teams we beat by 40). If someone gets hurt and you have to go to BB, it's gonna be hard to expect much out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom