6 page thread of the ND game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
on the Men's board... anyone read it?

Reaction Score
I am innocent. Deep down, I support all UConn sports. Even the debate teams.

People downplay the importance of women's basketball in conference realignment. I think women's sports may not produce a huge amount of revenue but they sure are equally as important for image. Our 7 national championships (hope 8 after this season) absolutely have helped us in promoting an image of equality and progress. Our school president is a female. To have a completely elite basketball program is nothing any of us would have imagined before the runs Geno and Jim have lead. Ollie started off well as a successor so far. Hoping someone will replace Geno that smoothly as well. I won't be surprised if Ollie wins 3 national championships.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I read the first 5 posts and left laughing. How pathetic. Talking about us not being able to close out close games? They lost to New Mexico by 6, NC State by 5, Marquette by 6, Pitt by 8, Nova by 9, Georgetown by 1, Cincinnati (LOL) by 5. Maybe they should try to win some close games before talking about us

Reaction Score
That's not really a fair comparison. The men lost Drummond, Lamb, Oriakhi, Smith & Bradley to defections,Wolf to an incident that led to arrest and Napier didn't play against Cincinnati because of a foot injury. In most estimations, the men have overachieved this year in light of all the distractions and the post season ban.

Reaction Score
Our
I read the first 5 posts and left laughing. How pathetic. Talking about us not being able to close out close games? They lost to New Mexico by 6, NC State by 5, Marquette by 6, Pitt by 8, Nova by 9, Georgetown by 1, Cincinnati (LOL) by 5. Maybe they should try to win some close games before talking about us

Our guys are having a great season...no reason to knock them. They've won many close games and compete with and beat many better teams this season.

JS

Reaction Score
on the Men's board... anyone read it?
We aren't gonna get a back-and-forth started. Many here are feeling bad enough about that game without the "contribution" of a lot of crap dragged over from the men's board.

I'll give you a summary. Intelligent basketball comments from some, but from plenty of others -- The women aren't as good players as the men. Women's basketball is an inferior product. Yada yada.

Lots of derision of the "chicks" game -- and a strange gender sensitivity from a few of the usual suspects, certain of whom tend to come flying over here in a rage when these comparisons get started.

Thanks to those on that side who, like many here, are fans and supporters of both teams.

BET coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01