6 Assists = Excruciating Loss | The Boneyard

6 Assists = Excruciating Loss

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Texted this to my sister when it was 55-51, and closeout time...

"Very concerned about a dearth of assists & reversion to bad shot selection since 2nd half yesterday.

Then Ajax does a Rodney Purvis, stepping on sideline after a perfect kickout.

I really want a runaway victory. I wanted it yesterday. Bad shots is a big culprit."

Reaction Score
Adama is our best player, but once you pass him the ball, he never passes it. Many times he's been doubled teamed and he needs to pass to a perimeter 3 point shooter. Akok and Polley need to do a better job in getting open for their shots. Did Akok even shoot a shot in our last 2 games?

Reaction Score
Adama is our best player, but once you pass him the ball, he never passes it. Many times he's been doubled teamed and he needs to pass to a perimeter 3 point shooter. Akok and Polley need to do a better job in getting open for their shots. Did Akok even shoot a shot in our last 2 games?
He’s putting up #s because the offense flows through him…But I don’t think he’s even the 6th best player on this roster.

Reaction Score
Sanogo absolutely needs to learn to pass out of double teams. But, the biggest problem is how reliant on Cole the team is for leadership and ball handling. Once he fouled out, it felt like an uphill battle.

Reaction Score
Sanogo absolutely needs to learn to pass out of double teams. But, the biggest problem is how reliant on Cole the team is for leadership and ball handling. Once he fouled out, it felt like an uphill battle.
Diggins can fix this. Hoping we start to take the training wheels off soon.

Reaction Score
He shot himself in the foot.

Seriously, the best I can say is that I don't think he committed any turnovers. He just caught the ball and passed it to a teammate.

On the other hand, Andre did a lot, but passed the ball to the other team's player more than he should. Active player, but needs to do less of a Daniel Jones imitation.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Essentially, the Creighton ending. And, thereafter the Maryland game.

Mature coaches will exploit this 'area for growth' until our former point guard coaches progress further still, now that aspirations are quite reasonably higher.

It can be successfully addressed. It must be. This is year one of that.

Reaction Score

"Very concerned about a dearth of assists & reversion to bad shot selection since 2nd half yesterday.

Then Ajax does a Rodney Purvis, stepping on sideline after a perfect kickout.

I really want a runaway victory. I wanted it yesterday. Bad shots is a big culprit."

I had a similar conversation here except mine was, kick the bleeping ball out, dunk the bleeping ball, why the Bleep isn’t Hawk on the floor, and why the Bleep is poley not getting any Bleeping screens. Like minds.

Reaction Score
This is what Hurley deserves for scheduling those 4 cupcakes to start the season. These were essentially our first 2 games. We were never tested or challenged for even a minute until Atlantis. This isn't Wagner anymore; time to start playing the big boys instead of hiding.
IDK. We played 2 real good teams super close and split thus far. We were missing Whaley and Akok was limited. 2-1 actually will move us into top 20 IMHO. Team still gelling. Sure I'm frustrated too; but not really annoyed.

As for Sanogo...I will be shocked if he doesn't learn the kick out when doubled sooner than later. Then, he will be truly dangerous.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's a huge problem, he's dominant down low but his tunnel vision is like nothing I've seen before.

Johnnie Selvie would like a word.

It is a problem because they doubled him today and he has to adjust. Side note, Hawkins isn’t any better. Once he gets the ball, he tries to score.

Reaction Score

It is a problem because they doubled him today and he has to adjust. Side note, Hawkins isn’t any better. Once he gets the ball, he tries to score.
I was just going to say, most people don't know Adama's full name: Adama Johnnie Sanogo Selvie.

Reaction Score

3 of the 6 assists were by Cole in his 27 minutes. The rest of our “deep” squad collected 3 assists in 173 minutes. That’s a huge problem.

Of course, Hawkins, Jackson, Polley, Gaffney and Martin went a combine 0-14 from 3 pt. So was that due to the bad passing or was the low assist number due to guys missing shots?

Chief has talked up Sanogo overall but he seems to currently lack recognition about passing opportunity and how to execute them.

In short, we are making the game hard on ourselves.

Reaction Score
Then Ajax does a Rodney Purvis, stepping on sideline after a perfect kickout."
George Blaney said he couldn’t honestly remember himself doing that one time as a player. True, someone might ride or push him out of bounds But never just standing out of bounds because he had no clue where he was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom