6 5" QB BERZINSKAS set for big 10 visit' | The Boneyard

6 5" QB BERZINSKAS set for big 10 visit'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
forman Morgan high of Clinton QB Erich Berzinskas is all set with Iowa official visit.
Coach Ken O'keefe a CONN' native offense of cordinator for the Hawkeyes has a
liking in the 6 5" 216 lb. gunslinger of MILFORD PREP.
coach Bill Chaplich of Milford says he sent film out and a roster to several schools to
recruit his guys, and there asking who is the big guy.
Erich has a tremendous work ethic, and many see this 18 year old has a lot of football
in him to come! Strong points 1) see's the field clearly true 6 5" 2) he throws the ball
70 yards easy, big arm 3) has great football i.q. BC' passed on him 2011', he came up
little short at PRINCETON' academically. now he's off to Iowa for the second time this
year, august was an unofficial now he's going back on official visit. OFF THE RECORD
no disrespect to any qb we have on the roster, he can play for UCONN NOW!
I watched Dan Orlovsky play at Shelton h.s. and you can see SUNDAYS all over him.
Erich has that same glow DAN had! http://rivals.yahoo.com/jcgridiron/football/recruiting/player-Erich-Berzinskas-131392 rivals rated him 2 stars

Reaction Score
Well talk to him about coming, then. Don't talk to me. Talk to him!!! LOL.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
He sounds like a pure pocket QB and not the versatile/mobile QB that Pasqualoni wants to run his offense. Doesn't sound like a fit for UConn.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but just how do you come to the conclusion that this kid is better than any of the QB's on our roster right now? I'm sorry, I enjoy some of the info you provide about the Milford kids, but I just cannot take anything you say seriously. No offense.

Reaction Score
I read where PP stated he wants to run a pro style offense, at least in one of the interview. He offered Cochran (sp?) who runs a 4.9 40, so speed may not be the #1 requirement for QB play. Ideally your QB will have some speed, regardless of the system, but I'll take a QB who can stand in there, move in the pocket, and deliver the ball where it needs to be delivered every day of the week.

Reaction Score
never said he's bettter than any qb' we have now. i said he can play for us now. he's not a mobile qb but he moves around in the pocket well and can see down field! if you seen ORLOVSKY play then thats how he plays. going to make the strong pass, we have rb's to run the ball. Uconn needs to make the pass to balance out the offense.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but just how do you come to the conclusion that this kid is better than any of the QB's on our roster right now? I'm sorry, I enjoy some of the info you provide about the Milford kids, but I just cannot take anything you say seriously. No offense.
why would i say something about a qb from ct. that is emerging in the college recruiting world! what gives you the impression that you cant take me serious, 80% of the info i give u is from the horses mouth. jim

im a true uconn fan, i want the best for the program!! i hope 1 of our qb's emerge right now we have a season to play!

Reaction Score
never said he's bettter than any qb' we have now. i said he can play for us now. he's not a mobile qb but he moves around in the pocket well and can see down field! if you seen ORLOVSKY play then thats how he plays. going to make the strong pass, we have rb's to run the ball. Uconn needs to make the pass to balance out the offense.

That's not the way it came across. If that's not what you meant, I'll take your word for it. But I don't know how to interpret that quote any other way.

Reaction Score
head coach gives me the scoop on the ct guys at milford i forward it. my oppinion on erich playing on uconn team now has light. i think he's equipped for the challenge. and his upside is huge 6 5" big guy big arm, smart, very likable kid, he may have a long football career in him! nothing bad attended, he's in our backyard just making it known. casey is incredible wish he was 6 2" he's really skilled!

Reaction Score
With a redshirt frosh, coupled with a true frosh on the roster, and in the top 3 QB's on the team, coupled with Cochrane coming in next year we probably don't have room at QB for this young man.
Couple that with Boeing Brown for next year, considering his supposed interest in UConn and UConn is probably well set at the QB position. Even though it didn't show Saturday nite in Nashville. Experience is what is needed rather than additional numbers.
Now, can this kid play another position for UConn? If not he's probably better off elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We aren't up to our full complement at QB actually. Box leaving; that makes us one less than we'd like ... even with CC coming.

Reaction Score
The poster above said 6'5". So, applyling the Wilbert Lee shrinkage formula, about 6'1.5".

Reaction Score
With a redshirt frosh, coupled with a true frosh on the roster, and in the top 3 QB's on the team, coupled with Cochrane coming in next year we probably don't have room at QB for this young man.
Couple that with Boeing Brown for next year, considering his supposed interest in UConn and UConn is probably well set at the QB position. Even though it didn't show Saturday nite in Nashville. Experience is what is needed rather than additional numbers.
Now, can this kid play another position for UConn? If not he's probably better off elsewhere.

Here is a new article on Boeing Brown, http://www.5thdownfootball.com/5th_...2011/9/14_Prospect_Profile__Boeing_Brown.html , he is poised to have a great year and really seems to want UCONN, but is getting a lot of looks and making visits. I hope we get him personally, he could be a great compliment to our program! I think he and Casey Cochran train together, did I read that somewhere? Seems they could be good together, training, pushing and stuff... He is a true 6'3" and 210, no doubt, I got to see him play against New Canaan, impressive...arm, poise, size, and speed!

Reaction Score

In what universe? Back up the recruiting bus. Until the QB situation gets fixed, it needs to be the #1 recruiting priority. Like in baseball, you can never have enough pitching. Right now, UConn may have the worst QB'ing in the country. Maybe it changes (not saying it won't) but not at the moment.

Johnny Mac = not gonna be the answer, I'm afraid.
Josh Mc = got to be able to do more than run. But putting in him as an alternative QB look and then making sure that he does run is a recipe for . . . 2nd and 15.
Nebrich = maybe, just maybe. But until then

Cochran, Brown, 6'5" Berz etc. . . . somewhere out there is a BCS QB that can lead UConn into the modern era of college football.

Reaction Score
In what universe? Back up the recruiting bus. Until the QB situation gets fixed, it needs to be the #1 recruiting priority. Like in baseball, you can never have enough pitching. Right now, UConn may have the worst QB'ing in the country. Maybe it changes (not saying it won't) but not at the moment.

Josh Mc = got to be able to do more than run. But putting in him as an alternative QB look and then making sure that he does run is a recipe for . . . 2nd and 15.

Cochran, Brown, 6'5" Berz etc. . . . somewhere out there is a BCS QB that can lead UConn into the modern era of college football.
We're at 20 scolies now. I don't know if we have more than 2-3 to give. My point is they may stick with 1 qb per year. Let's face it, the Milford acad kid won't make much of a difference next year. Save the scolie for Brown in '13.
Now, with the remaining 2-3 scolies for this year, if the staff feels we don't have our QB for '12 than go out and find an experienced juco for next year. Tough to do with only a couple of scolies to give.

Reaction Score
We're at 20 scolies now. I don't know if we have more than 2-3 to give. My point is they may stick with 1 qb per year. (Not until this position gets fixed. It's to critical and right now in compete turmoil) Let's face it, the Milford acad kid won't make much of a difference next year (How do you know? Folks are hoping Nebrich can make such a different. Box was the future last season). Save the scolie for Brown in '13. (Agreed, bring him in too. Keep chopping til someone shows they can play at the BSC level, then go out and find a backup for him).
Now, with the remaining 2-3 scolies for this year, if the staff feels we don't have our QB for '12 than go out and find an experienced juco for next year. (This observation, I totally agree with too. Gotta get somebody quick to get this position up and throwing). Tough to do with only a couple of scolies to give.

Reaction Score

In your understandable frustration, you are making it sound easier than it is. Will a good prospect sign on to play QB here if he's not the only QB recruit in the class? Would you rather lose the kid you really want and take two who don't have any other offers and therefore will come here no matter how many you're bringing in? If you take too many, do you push a needed experienced backup (like, next year, a McEntee or a McCummings) out the door too early?

It's not a video game where you can build your roster simply by pushing a button. Reality, and what the players are willing to commit to, enters the picture. I guaranty you there is not one person on the UConn staff who doesn't think QB recruiting is their top priority. But recognizing that doesn't always make the specific decisions any easier.

Reaction Score
In your understandable frustration, you are making it sound easier than it is. Will a good prospect sign on to play QB here if he's not the only QB recruit in the class? Would you rather lose the kid you really want and take two who don't have any other offers and therefore will come here no matter how many you're bringing in? If you take too many, do you push a needed experienced backup (like, next year, a McEntee or a McCummings) out the door too early?

It's not a video game where you can build your roster simply by pushing a button. Reality, and what the players are willing to commit to, enters the picture. I guaranty you there is not one person on the UConn staff who doesn't think QB recruiting is their top priority. But recognizing that doesn't always make the specific decisions any easier.

Not disagreeing with this POV. However, this QB debachle at UConn has been going on far too long. And, as I'm sure you can attest, I have been railing about this since about '05 and still . . . still. . . no relief in sight.

I don't understand why good QBs everywhere aren't lining up at HCPP's door. My gosh, it may be the quickest path in College football to getting on the field and showcasing your talents. Why sit? Come here and rewrite the record books be the first All BE QB (don't think Dan O was) from UConn.

Reaction Score

Some of the great ones in state over the years have sadly elected to play baseball instead. Bobby Valentine, Rico Brogna, and the kid from New Canaan 5 years ago. The ones that did play football went elsewhere, Osiecki went to Arizona, Kurt Horton went to ND to play for AraP, Pennington went to UMASS (God knows why) but then again back then UCONN was D2.

Reaction Score
I have been railing about this since about '05 and still . . . still. . . no relief in sight.

Keep complaining about it, maybe one of the coaches will read the board and realize they need to recruit better QB. Or maybe they'll realize that all they have to do to improve throwing the ball is throw the ball more. All they have to do to recruit better QBs and WRs is throw the ball more.

All you have to do to convince them of this is post more, so please, keep complaining about it because none of us realize that our passing offense has sucked for years.

Reaction Score
We're at 20 scolies now. I don't know if we have more than 2-3 to give. My point is they may stick with 1 qb per year. Let's face it, the Milford acad kid won't make much of a difference next year. Save the scolie for Brown in '13.
Now, with the remaining 2-3 scolies for this year, if the staff feels we don't have our QB for '12 than go out and find an experienced juco for next year. Tough to do with only a couple of scolies to give.
i agree with you yonick' brown' can be uconns answer down the road. casey may see snaps next year in spring

Reaction Score
i agree with you yonick' brown' can be uconns answer down the road. casey may see snaps next year in spring

I love how people on this board are talking like Casey's not an answer. He is a very, very good quarterback. So is Nebrich. Stop fussing everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom