6:30 Game times? | The Boneyard

6:30 Game times?

Reaction Score
I see that the Big East, SEC, and B1G all have games starting at 6:30 tonight. Is this something new? I see games scheduled for 6:30 next week as well.

Reaction Score
For a few years now FS1 has gone with 6:30 and 8:30 schedule for the BE some nights. The late-game doesn't actually tip until 8:45 to give cushion for the first game and they fill with a little studio time. Looks like B1G Network and SEC Network have copied that schedule, not sure if they do the late game tip 15 mins later or not.

I like it as a central timezone resident who gets stuck with the later home game for obvious reasons. Gets you home a bit sooner.

Reaction Score
I see that the Big East, SEC, and B1G all have games starting at 6:30 tonight. Is this something new? I see games scheduled for 6:30 next week as well.
Yeah it’s been going on for a season or two. Don’t know how I feel about it.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s been going on for a season or two. Don’t know how I feel about it.
People need more time to get to the game after work, not less. This will definitely impact people’s ability to get to Gampel for weekday games.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
its the only way they can get people to watch a big east games for 30 minutes before the real games start on that mini mouse network.

the BTN and SECN do it for the same reason.

Reaction Score
Really everybody is experimenting with earlier game times. A number of MLB teams are doing it as are colleges when the situation (ie tv) permits. It is one part of their way of dealing with declining attendance and losing viewers for the 2nd half. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

Reaction Score
Personally, I love it. Watch the 6:30 you want to watch and then catch the last 30 minutes of the most exciting 7 PM game.

However, I'm a school teacher, so my hours, despite coaching, makes it possible to catch 6:30 games with no problem.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This will definitely impact people’s ability to get to Gampel for weekday games.
No, it won't. No one goes to mid-week games at Gampel as it is. Weren't you watching tonight?

Reaction Score
FS1 started it 2014-15. Most nights are doubleheaders. Almost everything is on national tv. Not stuck behind a paywall were you can play at 7pm.
Central time zone fans (Marquette, Creighton and DePaul had every weeknight game a 8:15pm start. Which went over very bad. Plus east coast teams also had many 9:15 starts. No good having empty seats on tv.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
As Long as they stop doing the noon games on Sunday its all good. Cant wait for the BE

C

Chief00

People need more time to get to the game after work, not less. This will definitely impact people’s ability to get to Gampel for weekday games.
Another reason when school is in session to go with weekend games at Gampel and XL games during the week. It keeps the XL out of the NFL crosshairs and avoids the week night trips to Gampel that the frankly aging fan base ops out of.

Reaction Score
As Long as they stop doing the noon games on Sunday its all good. Cant wait for the BE
Once in a blue moon. Not to often. It's about one Sunday game per team/year. The good Sunday's are when you are on CBS or FOX following a NFL Playoff game. I bet you would never have guessed St. John's at Xavier is the 3rd most watch game of the season.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom