6-11 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

6-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Enthusiasm is an interesting way to say it. I really just highlighted the most positive factual attributes about each guy and it immediately polarized some people. I didn't say Omar would drop 20 a game or Facey would be a 8 and 8 guy night in and night out, just a few nuggets that show that any one of those guys has the pedigree to step up into a major, yes major, bench contributor.

I'd handicap the order of likelihood as follows:
Jalen - Obviously
Facey - Without Miller in the fold his stepwise improvement would be more hyped up IMO.
Omar - The energy he started to play with last year showed maturity, if he can combine that with some health...
Enoch- Benefiting from the unknown more than anything, his size and athleticism have received attention but I think I'm more bearish on him than most because I doubt freshman hype.
SamIIAm- More likely that his game doesn't translate to the speed required vs. the injury impacting him, but that spin move though...
Nolan - Is what he is, which I love, but this is a measure of becoming a major contributor off the bench. Phil is an excellent role player.
If we put a tax on opinions this place would be a ghost town!:rolleyes:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If we put a tax on opinions this place would be a ghost town!:rolleyes:
If @champs99and04 can deliver the content he does and get hit with criticism on his writing style, nobody's safe. Everything's pretty tame in here. If we didn't have differing opinions we'd have nothing to talk about. And that's the point :). I'd rather have @TasteofUConn calling out the flip side than the post sliding down the board into obscurity.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If @champs99and04 can deliver the content he does and get hit with criticism on his writing style, nobody's safe. Everything's pretty tame in here. If we didn't have differing opinions we'd have nothing to talk about. And that's the point :). I'd rather have @TasteofUConn calling out the flip side than the post sliding down the board into obscurity.
You know my feelings about all this which is why you gave me a like! Although I did put in an emoticon just in case! I'll take the chaos that can come with freedom of speech any day over a repression of thoughts.

Commented because today I've observed a lot of snarky responses by people upset with what people express. I've come to the conclusion today is snarky Friday! So I'm hitting the comedian button to polarize people even further! Not my intent of course and glad you saw the humor. But once we get into our inner Blutarsky we don't want to be laughed at.

Reaction Score
If @champs99and04 can deliver the content he does and get hit with criticism on his writing style, nobody's safe.
Hilarious! Hearkens back to early America. You d@mn well know some guy was reading a first manuscript and said, "you know Herman, this whole chasing-the-whale thing makes for a good story, but does chapter 10 have to be entirely about the color white?"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Let's just ignore the fact if the bench was a team, they'd have no backups besides Enoch... So this whole argument, as baseless as it already is, is stupid on another level. Btw though if you actually think our bench starting 5 is better than 90% of other teams starting 5... What is wrong with you

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think you are delusional. You know there are over 350 D1 teams, right? The overwhelming majority of coaches would do anything to have a JUCO All-American, 4 top 100 recruits, 2 of which were top 40, and the starting center for a national championship team on their roster. Our bench has experience, depth, size and talent that most D1 teams have never dreamed of. You don't think our bench could beat last year's 17-16 South Carolina Gamecocks? Get real dude.
You must be a kensucky fan if you think high school recruiting ranking determine if a coach is intersected in a transfer. There isn't a D1 coach in America that would take Sam jr and Calhoun right now, unless they just wanted a leader with championship experience. Oh and enough with the JUCO All American stuff, thatdoesn't make him good.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You must be a kensucky fan if you think high school recruiting ranking determine if a coach is intersected in a transfer. There isn't a D1 coach in America that would take Sam jr and Calhoun right now, unless they just wanted a leader with championship experience. Oh and enough with the JUCO All American stuff, thatdoesn't make him good.

Okay this is just foolish. Anyone with a good understanding of the DI basketball scene knows that there are many mid to low-major teams that would take a player of either's caliber. It doesn't go like "if you can't cut it at UConn, you need to go down to Division II". Heck, Terrence Samuel was the most maligned player on last year's team and he's on scholarship for a Penn State program in a better conference that's all of a sudden brought in 5 4-star players in the past 2 years. Our backups are backups for a reason, but to think that they aren't DI-level talent is kind of ridiculous.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Okay this is just foolish. Anyone with a good understanding of the DI basketball scene knows that there are many mid to low-major teams that would take a player of either's caliber. It doesn't go like "if you can't cut it at UConn, you need to go down to Division II". Heck, Terrence Samuel was the most maligned player on last year's team and he's on scholarship for a Penn State program in a better conference that's all of a sudden brought in 5 4-star players in the past 2 years. Our backups are backups for a reason, but to think that they aren't DI-level talent is kind of ridiculous.
THIS ^^^

No D1 coach in America would take Cassell or Calhoun? HuskyforLife must have started drinking early today...

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Again, you do know that there are over 350 D1 teams right? 300 of them would take SC Jr. or Omar without a second thought.

Reaction Score
Let's just ignore the fact if the bench was a team, they'd have no backups besides Enoch... So this whole argument, as baseless as it already is, is stupid on another level. Btw though if you actually think our bench starting 5 is better than 90% of other teams starting 5... What is wrong with you

Which is precisely why many of us come here to read and post here. If you complain about Oak's posts then you must apply it to 90% of us.

It ain't like we are winning games with our 'expert' analysis and certainly our deliberations. With our collective brain farts we also aren't solving cancer or even the middle east problems.

This is what I call a popcorn thread, meaning its getting very entertaining responses.

Reaction Score
I don't think Jalen will be on the 2nd team all year. Either way, I think someone good would be replacing him. Someone like Purvis or Gibbs.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Which is precisely why many of us come here to read and post here. If you complain about Oak's posts then you must apply it to 90% of us.

It ain't like we are winning games with our 'expert' analysis and certainly our deliberations. With our collective brain farts we also aren't solving cancer or even the middle east problems.

This is what I call a popcorn thread, meaning its getting very entertaining responses.
Don't slight me, I'm better than easily 95-98% of the posters here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ok the very lowest of the low might take a chance on Calhoun. I'm not saying they aren't talented, but what have they shown that would make another coach see them as an asset? At least Calhoun brings championship experience, but Sam junior has no appeal to anyone but us(which isn't a bad thing, again he needs to prove he can play at this level, which he will) to most people who would somehow know them outside our program, they look like bench warmers. And no I don't hate them before someone says it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

People can have their opinions, I'm just telling them it's a dumb argument.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ok the very lowest of the low might take a chance on Calhoun. I'm not saying they aren't talented, but what have they shown that would make another coach see them as an asset? At least Calhoun brings championship experience, but Sam junior has no appeal to anyone but us(which isn't a bad thing, again he needs to prove he can play at this level, which he will) to most people who would somehow know them outside our program, they look like bench warmers. And no I don't hate them before someone says it.

You are looking at this from the perspective of a blue-blood program. Have you ever heard of the Atlantic 10? CAA? Patriot League? MAAC? America East? NEC? All Division I conferences with different standards and expectations than the UConn Huskies. Please, make yourself look better and do some research before you make outlandish statements.

Reaction Score
People can have their opinions, I'm just telling them it's a dumb argument.
Not too many smart arguments here is all I'm saying, which is one reason I belong to this group of keyboard misfits.

Reaction Score

I don't think you hate them, but you're way off-base here. If either Omar or Cassell had decided to transfer last year, there would be dozens upon dozens of options for them. Again, Terrence Samuel just transferred to a Big Ten school. What is so hard to understand about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom