6’4″ Versatile 2018 NY Frwd Danielle Cosgrove = Rising Star | The Boneyard

6’4″ Versatile 2018 NY Frwd Danielle Cosgrove = Rising Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Obviously dwarfs most of her competition, but she seems to make quick and very good decisions on the low post, shows impressive body control to find the crease between three defenders and yes, appears to have nice form on her three ball.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I also see she's got a little handle and pretty good footwork down low and on the block. She also finds her positions well before the shot and has a nice variety of shots. Okay, me likey. 6'4", stretches beyond the arc, nice feet, nice athleticism. She also has the body type to put on upper and lower body strength. Me likey more. 2018 huh?

Reaction Score
Amazing, I hope Geno can see The BY and this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Long Island, NY

new Season highlight mix

I'm satisfied. Sign her up. I'm always a little suspicious of highlight reels but there are some undeniable things in this video. Danielle appears to fully coordinated, shows a very nice spin move in the low post, shoots with either hand, has a nice release on her jumper, gets to her spot and establishes position, has obvious range and is only a stones throw from Storrs!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What's not to like?

Low post moves, shoots either left or right down low, 3 point shot, can handle the rock, shot blocking ability.

While watching the video, I saw a little bit of Big Mama Stef on the block. Very similar moves.

Sign her up now!!!!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Looks like a legit talent! Looking forward to seeing her recruitment and if we can land her!!

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Fairfield fan - that would be a NO . Hartley went to North Babylon h.s.
same Skills trainer as Bria

Kristen Doherty ( former BC Wing ) is Sachem East alum

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice shooting form, good use of the left hand, and--very importantly--great hair! :)

Reaction Score
Lots to work with. The "potential" to be a larger version of Breanna. Even if she doesn't get any better, she'll be at the top of her class, and what's the chance that she's not going to get better? None.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's not to like?

Low post moves, shoots either left or right down low, 3 point shot, can handle the rock, shot blocking ability.

While watching the video, I saw a little bit of Big Mama Stef on the block. Very similar moves.

Sign her up now!!!!!!!
Yeah, like Stef, she probably needs conditioning. But she has good size and skills for her age.

Reaction Score
Former HS coach here. I like! Just needs maturity (which will come) and refinement. Come on Huskies. Let her know you are watching/interested.

Reaction Score
Well Bill, looks like the only thing left to do is forward this video to the UConn office ASAP. I'd be surprised if they are recruiting any bigs with more potential than this kid.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Bobby J - currently... I definitely do not see one that they are

and is a top tier caliber kid ( character, student, personality , work ethic , maturity, etc )

Geno desires "basketball players" . Danielle as just a Soph, shows the foundation of that at 6'4"
( game & mind )

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well Bill, looks like the only thing left to do is forward this video to the UConn office ASAP. I'd be surprised if they are recruiting any bigs with more potential than this kid.

They're recruiting Charli Collier from the same class who is rated #2 by ESPN, #3 by Blue Star, #5 by Prospects Nation, and was #1 by ASGR as of a year ago.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
sluconn - Bingo ! #Turnover

of all the people on this board .... INexcusable for me to omit referencing Charli

Reaction Score
Love the fundamentals of this kid. Can use either hand, got a handle for her hight, good shooting form from 3, great moves in the post, including a half hook. Nice! I hope Geno will look into her as she clearly got great potential!

Reaction Score
Bill, I just watched the two videos of Collier on your site and I know how difficult it is to get a good read from those on a kid's game. But from that small view, if the videos are from a similar timeframe I like Cosgrove more at this point. I saw with Cosgrove a better lateral mobility, a much better left hand, less mechanical movement, and a 3 point range that Collier doesn't have. I'm curious if Cosgrove gets the same national exposure that Collier does. Either way, they'll both be interesting to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom