5 Steps to Avoid Stepping in It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

5 Steps to Avoid Stepping in It

Reaction Score
7. Never tell other members what they should or should not post.

Isn't telling members not to tell other members what the should or shouldn't post telling other members what they should or shouln't post?
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
These are only "suggestions" to help those who want help to avoid having the BY crash around their posts. I'm the last person to tell folks anything. Anyway, this is in itself a joke, not to be taken seriously. It's some serious irony to jump on someone (ie, me) when I'm trying to suggest how others can avoid being jumped on. Is there no balm in Gilead?
I do not think there is any balm left in Gilead. I heard that the Ishmaelites took it all to Egypt to sell. Better settle for some Gold Bond!

Reaction Score
Need to get this off my chest...while I would not violate rule 7, it does rankle me when posters say ...as i predicted last week...or..i told you this was going to happen...or...I've been saying this all along...or....i told you so.
If everyone did that based on their personal predictions/speculations the drivel factor on this board would be many times higher. My apologies if this appears like a rant.

Reaction Score
Need to get this off my chest...while I would not violate rule 7, it does rankle me when posters say ...as i predicted last week...or..i told you this was going to happen...or...I've been saying this all along...or....i told you so.
If everyone did that based on their personal predictions/speculations the drivel factor on this board would be many times higher. My apologies if this appears like a rant.

Didn't I tell you not to say that...................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

It sure appears that way but it is OK. Apology accepted.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So I ran through my thoughts before posting and it worked. I rejected them all, except this:

577537915467d.image.jpg

Reaction Score
A number of folks have stepped in it lately, some innocently and some incautiously. Many of us have been on the end of unhappy responses from fellow posters. Perhaps there should be a primer of areas to avoid in order not to stir the hornet's nest.

Here are a few suggestions:
  1. There is but one GOAT wcbb coach, and his name is Geno.

2. Do not criticize Geno until you've won at least 1000 wcbb games (Div. I, please).

3. Do not criticize UConn players personally; criticize their performance if you must.

4. Do not use the T word to refer to players' plans or to suggest that they leave UConn.

5. Do not be gratuitously negative; try to see the upside of never losing.
There are probably more worthwhile suggestions of things to avoid in order not to rile the troops. Please feel free to add any.

PS/OT: If you've never read Steig Larsson's "Millenium" trilogy, it's a wonderful ride.

Other than the points that address courtesy and respect to players and posters, with which I fully agree, the 5 points shown above comprise a group-think manifesto. Given the impressive breadth and depth of the knowledge of BY'ers that I have had the privilege of reading I am surprised at its apparent uniform acceptance.

Reaction Score
Other than the points that address courtesy and respect to players and posters, with which I fully agree, the 5 points shown above comprise a group-think manifesto. Given the impressive breadth and depth of the knowledge of BY'ers that I have had the privilege of reading I am surprised at its apparent uniform acceptance.

Good point, je. Because this is meant to be a suggestion of how to avoid assassination by words on the BY, the areas of delicacy are predictable. It would be crazy to actually adopt these ideas and feel in any way hindered by them. Everyone should feel free to express him/herself--just understand that straying into shark-infested waters can result in vigorous responses. No worry. No Byers have actually been injured in the posting of a thread. Speak your piece--and duck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom