5 Steps to Avoid Stepping in It | The Boneyard

5 Steps to Avoid Stepping in It

Reaction Score
A number of folks have stepped in it lately, some innocently and some incautiously. Many of us have been on the end of unhappy responses from fellow posters. Perhaps there should be a primer of areas to avoid in order not to stir the hornet's nest.

Here are a few suggestions:
  1. There is but one GOAT wcbb coach, and his name is Geno.

2. Do not criticize Geno until you've won at least 1000 wcbb games (Div. I, please).

3. Do not criticize UConn players personally; criticize their performance if you must.

4. Do not use the T word to refer to players' plans or to suggest that they leave UConn.

5. Do not be gratuitously negative; try to see the upside of never losing.
There are probably more worthwhile suggestions of things to avoid in order not to rile the troops. Please feel free to add any.

PS/OT: If you've never read Steig Larsson's "Millenium" trilogy, it's a wonderful ride.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
A number of folks have stepped in it lately, some innocently and some incautiously. Many of us have been on the end of unhappy responses from fellow posters. Perhaps there should be a primer of areas to avoid in order not to stir the hornet's nest.

2. Do not criticize Geno until you've won at least 1000 wcbb games (Div. I, please).

3. Do not criticize UConn players personally; criticize their performance if you must.

4. Do not use the T word to refer to players' plans or to suggest that they leave UConn.

There are probably more worthwhile suggestions of things to avoid in order not to rile the troops. Please feel free to add any.
PS/OT: If you've never read Steig Larsson's "Millenium" trilogy, it's a wonderful ride.

Thanks Mo!

Reaction Score
2a. If you are the parent, sibling, other relative, BFF, or former teammate of a freshman player, do NOT post anything until mid-way through their sophmore year. At that time a single post every other month is permitted.

Reaction Score

Gee....... weren't those the same rules the 13 Colonies were forced to follow before they rebelled against Coach George III?

Reaction Score

This made me laugh and really puts things in perspective in terms of being a UConn fan.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
8. Don't post silly or face palming things. (you are certainly allowed to, but just be aware that someone may tell you how silly or face palming the post is)

If you don't like being called out on silly or face palming posts, maybe...before you post it...just think to yourself...does this make any sense at all to someone with like a 5th grade education? If not, then you know, maybe, maybe, just let it pass. Really, people don't have to post every thought that comes into their head. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
8. Don't post silly or face palming things. (you are certainly allowed to, but just be aware that someone may tell you how silly or face palming the post is)

If you don't like being called out on silly or face palming posts, maybe...before you post it...just think to yourself...does this make any sense at all to someone with like a 5th grade education? If not, then you know, maybe, maybe, just let it pass. Really, people don't have to post every thought that comes into their head. :D
Or, in the words of Herm Edwards, "Don't press send!"

Reaction Score
7. Never tell other members what they should or should not post.

These are only "suggestions" to help those who want help to avoid having the BY crash around their posts. I'm the last person to tell folks anything. Anyway, this is in itself a joke, not to be taken seriously. It's some serious irony to jump on someone (ie, me) when I'm trying to suggest how others can avoid being jumped on. Is there no balm in Gilead?

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Gabby must have that dragon tattoo

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
South Alabama boy, as I recall.

Spent 2 years at Fort Rucker, in Dothan Alabama, courtesy of US Army. Only place further south was Mobile. Good times, good people.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
These are only "suggestions" to help those who want help to avoid having the BY crash around their posts. I'm the last person to tell folks anything. Anyway, this is in itself a joke, not to be taken seriously. It's some serious irony to jump on someone (ie, me) when I'm trying to suggest how others can avoid being jumped on. Is there no balm in Gilead?

Hey, you started this, we aren't going to let you off the hook that easy! :p

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Spent 2 years at Fort Rucker, in Dothan Alabama, courtesy of US Army. Only place further south was Mobile. Good times, good people.
My Daddy's family is from Dothan, actually headland. Country before country was cool!

Reaction Score

or , they can just run their thoughts by you first, before actually posting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom