5 scholarships available for 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

5 scholarships available for 2019

C

Chief00

When it's all said and done I bet we have 6 or 7 open scholarships. I think Hurley is going to completely remake this roster after this year.

I agree, and that’s why I have been consistently posting that Danny’s focus is 2019/2020 recruiting and changing the culture. Sure, that should translate to a more competitive team this year and he will try to win every game but his number 1 priority will be recruiting.
Regardless of what else happens, we lose our best player - perhaps the best player in the conference. So recruiting will have to be great to make up that lost ground alone.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think Hurley takes a full amount but it counts who commits and who doesn't

Reaction Score
Tre Mitchell isn’t good. He averaged 10 points during his final AAU spring season.

So Tre Mitchell isn’t good because he averaged nearly a double double in the best AAU circuit in a guard heavy offense?

Several other high major programs think he is pretty good, but you’re right he only averages 10 ppg, so not UConn material.

Don’t worry, Kofi Cockburn averaged 11.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
So Tre Mitchell isn’t good because he averaged nearly a double double in the best AAU circuit in a guard heavy offense?

Several other high major programs think he is pretty good, but you’re right he only averages 10 ppg, so not UConn material.

Don’t worry, Kofi Cockburn averaged 11.
Cockburn is known for being a beast defensively and amazing rebounder. And he is way more mobile than Tre, because Tre is overweight.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we don’t go into 19-20 with all 13 scholarships accounted for. With all the transfers, we need to be able to have a spot for a summer transfer

Reaction Score
Hopefully we don’t go into 19-20 with all 13 scholarships accounted for. With all the transfers, we need to be able to have a spot for a summer transfer
We need all the talent we can get. If literally everything went right and we got Achiuwa, Kofi, Delaire, Samuel and one of the guards you take that every day

Reaction Score
Cockburn is known for being a beast defensively and amazing rebounder. And he is way more mobile than Tre, because Tre is overweight.

Tre averages 8 rebounds a game Kofi averages 9. Tre uses his body really well.

Yes he could be In better shape, but he is a great prospect that will continue to flourish physically. He would be a great addition, and the coaching staff thinks so too.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We need a JUCO guard. We can't afford to get worse before we get better, and Gilbert's minutes need to be managed or he will have a career ender at some point. Hurley should make a run at a top JUCO guard for class of 2019, because we can be competitive for that kind of player.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wouldnt Mind us taking a transfer or Juco to give us one older player in the class.

Yes. We need to get the class balance back in line. Helps experience-wise on top of that.

Reaction Score
We need a JUCO guard. We can't afford to get worse before we get better, and Gilbert's minutes need to be managed or he will have a career ender at some point. Hurley should make a run at a top JUCO guard for class of 2019, because we can be competitive for that kind of player.
You’re the doctor so who am I to question you but I can’t wait until Gilbert becomes a demonant guard, and plays major minutes. I think this happens sooner than later

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You’re the doctor so who am I to question you but I can’t wait until Gilbert becomes a demonant guard, and plays major minutes. I think this happens sooner than later

Idiotic posts like this are why I don't post here much.

Reaction Score
I think we’ll have a top combo in the country at our town’s juco in Florida who played at ECU. Not many pure PGs in juco, a zillion 2s and combos and wings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom