5* PG Andrew Nembhard reclassifies to 2018 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

5* PG Andrew Nembhard reclassifies to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The reclassification was a bit aggressive for him. Not sure if he's as ready as most of you think, but he's got another year to prepare.

Nembhard and MAL really aren't too much alike. Nembhard is a much better shooter and a more passing oriented guard, whereas MAL is a lot more adept at driving and finishing at the rim. Nembhard is 1-2 inches taller, which will help on the defensive end. Both very good players in their own right.

You are correct. Nembhard has a nice corner 3 I saw a few of.

My comparison was more defensively, athletically, and composure and be9ng fairly well rounded players on the court court.

No super glaring weaknesses (ie. Jalens left hand and shooting, AG height) is what I love about nembhard. I could see him stabilizing a back court easily. He's the kind of kid who can make anyone he plays with better.

Both are very much lead guards, with some different top end skills.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is the one to watch for Andrew Nembhard's recruitment not Arizona.

Ollie's pipeline has become Chippola Community College, Cornell, and guys ranked below 150 in national rankings.

Please don't compare Calhoun's recruiting abilities to Ollie's. Calhoun's second or third options in recruiting many times were 5 star talents, McDonalds All Americans, NBA lottery picks, or excellent college players. Ollie can't close the deal with the Montez Mathises of the world.

That's actually just not correct.

C

Chief00

The difference being that in Calhoun's pre-AAC days the guy eager to commit was a top 100 player and the number 1 guy was top 50 or better. Now it is difficult to find they guys that are even eager to commit to UConn without evaluating all other options and if they are eager they are borderline top 200.

I am not saying it's a layup - but you must built that perception then turn it into a reality. That's exactly what Calhoun did.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am not saying it's a layup - but you must built that perception then turn it into a reality. That's exactly what Calhoun did.
That's how we got Ollie. The cycle of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom