5 out of 8 | The Boneyard

5 out of 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I just thought that this needed to be thrashed out, one last time....

Da bastids managed to have dismantled the most dominant basketball conference, ever.

3 of the women's final 4 teams are from the Big East.

2 of the men's final 4 teams are from the Big East.

Da bastids managed to have dismantled the most dominant basketball conference, ever.

We will never see the like of it, again.

D

DanDar

You

You're wrong. ACC is getting ND and Louisville. 2 of those 3 teams in women's final four and both of the teams in men's final four. ACC will be the most dominant basketball conference in history. Now if UConn somehow joins them, winning the ACC will be harder than winning the BE or NCAA ever was.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You

You're wrong. ACC is getting ND and Louisville. 2 of those 3 teams in women's final four and both of the teams in men's final four. ACC will be the most dominant basketball conference in history. Now if UConn somehow joins them, winning the ACC will be harder than winning the BE or NCAA ever was.

I predict that your scenario will not prove out.

My belief is that the Big East created the type of basketball conference they wanted to have. It was much more physical, year after year, than other conferences. (I still remember when the BE went to 6 fouls for conference games.) Overall, it was much tougher to win the conference, and teams that emerged in the top tier of the conference tended to be tougher and better prepared.

IMO, you will see former BE teams sink to the level of the ACC, rather than see the ACC rise up to the level of the former BE.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I predict that your scenario will not prove out.

My belief is that the Big East created the type of basketball conference they wanted to have. It was much more physical, year after year, than other conferences. (I still remember when the BE went to 6 fouls for conference games.) Overall, it was much tougher to win the conference, and teams that emerged in the top tier of the conference tended to be tougher and better prepared.

IMO, you will see former BE teams sink to the level of the ACC, rather than see the ACC rise up to the level of the former BE.
Without anything to back us up I agree. I don't care if people consider us irrational. My belief is that ten years from now we'll all be looking at the way things played out and realize UConn was lucky it got overlooked by the ACC! It will be a much greater set of events than the missing out on the highly ranked recruit to get the unheralded one that gives UConn the NC. But it will happen.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I just thought that this needed to be thrashed out, one last time....

3 of the women's final 4 teams are from the Big East.

2 of the men's final 4 teams are from the Big East.

Brings to mind the Charleton Heston scene in The Planet of the Apes when he sees the Statue of Liberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom