#5 Missouri St vs #1 Stanford - 3/28/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#5 Missouri St vs #1 Stanford - 3/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Stanford has opened up a can on Missouri St, (74-40 with 8 min left) as of this posting, and will advance to play the winner of Louisville/Oregon. Stanford will EASILY beat the winner of that game and advance to the final 4. This one is not a hard one to call.
It’s slightly less of a sure thing, but hard to see Stanford not getting by the winner of Indiana/Arizona for a spot in the title game.

Meanwhile, UConn, Baylor, SC, and Maryland (presumably) will be in a jumble for the partner slot.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
MoState’s #50, Emily Gardner, is listed at 6’4”. Um... not quite. Maybe 6’1” or so.
Did she get the Chantel Osahor bump? 5-11 listed as 6-2.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Missouri St was down 16 to Maryland and went on to beat them by 9 very early in the season.

Doubtful...Maryland will beat them to it!
Thanks for the correction. You're right. Maryland beats SC....................BIG. ;)

Reaction Score
Did Missouri state really beat Maryland earlier in the season
Yes and when Reese was healthy. Maryland had foul trouble in the 3rd quarter and could not stop them inside. Very sloppy game after a good start.

Reaction Score
Did she get the Chantel Osahor bump? 5-11 listed as 6-2.
Or Nyara Sabally who is about 6’3” but listed at 6’5”. I don’t mind an inch here or there but 2 or 3 is excessive.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Or Nyara Sabally who is about 6’3” but listed at 6’5”. I don’t mind an inch here or there but 2 or 3 is excessive.
I've never understood. You are the height you are. Lying about it on the program doesn't accomplish anything.

Anyway, height is totally overrated. It's wingspan that actually matters. Or of course how you play.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brink played 10 minutes. She did get 2 fouls in the first half, but only got one more. Prechtel played 22 and Belibi 15. Jerome even played 10 minutes. I know it was a blowout, but I want to see Brink get unleashed. 3 starters played 23 or more and 2 were over 30 minutes.

Prechtel and Belibi were productive in their time on the floor.

Reaction Score
Everyone been talking about UConn Baylor Maryland. Card overall 1 but kinda been under the radar. This should change that.

I kind of thought all along that Stanford was the obvious favorite (if there was one).

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I can’t tell if Stanford is really good on defense or Missouri St is just really pathetic offensively. Any thoughts?
Stanford is really, really good on defense. So it could be both, but MoSt did look competent on offense in the 4th quarter against the end of the Stanford bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stanford definitely is really good on defense. So it could be both, but MoSt did look competent on offense in the 4th quarter against the end of the Stanford bench.

There's plenty on here who have though that Stanford's defense is ok. But having watched at least half the games of all the top teams, Stanford has by far the best defense this year. Wilson and the Hull twins are great defensively. Add in Brink as a blocking threat, too. She has blown away the Stanford frosh record from Jayne Appel and if they make it to the finals is very likely to have the most blocks in a season ever for any Stanford player and she only averages 18 mins a game. She has the same number of blocks now as Boston but only 500 some mins vs 800 some mins. If she played 30 mins a game (granted she needs to stop fouling to get there) she would overtake Mack as the top blocker in the nation easily.

Reaction Score
Stanford's defense is the best I've seen in the PAC over the last 10 seasons. And Stanford's offense is a basketball ballet--exquisite and a thing of beauty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom