#5 Louisville vs #20 DePaul - 12/04/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#5 Louisville vs #20 DePaul - 12/04/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Geno got Van Lith, then we probably don't get Azzi Fudd in next years recruiting class.

I know we got Bueckers. And I'm glad we got Bueckers. And I wouldn't trade Bueckers for Van Lith. But I would have really loved to have Van Lith on our team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think VanLith's game resembles Azzi's quite a bit. Pretty efficient on the drive and midrange. Of course Azzi has her on the perimeter but maybe not as much as everyone thought She is alot of fun to watch. On the other hand, with DePaul defending in their helter skelter style, hard to get a real accurate sense.

Reaction Score
56AC381A-47F0-4980-A1CF-5B91F917E343.jpeg

Reaction Score
WNBA draft lottery?

LOL

I worked in the gaming industry for 35 years. If a drawing CAN be fixed it WILL be fixed.
You can be pretty certain that any drawing that is held behind close doors has been fixed.

Reaction Score
Kolb listened to me on Johannes. I hope he doesn’t listen to me on Collier. I’d rather she go to Dallas.

Reaction Score
ESPN seems intent on keeping Evans in the spotlight. As good as she is, Hailey Van Lith is going to be the star. I knew it when she and Bueckers started in the USA U-19's. They were HS juniors and started with Boston, Howard & Hilman-Baker and ahead of all the guards with a year of college experience.
And with a loss and disgrace facing Walz at the end of the Aussie game he entrusted it to the 2 HS guards and they delivered.

I can't wait till Louisville plays NCSt.

Reaction Score
ESPN seems intent on keeping Evans in the spotlight. As good as she is, Hailey Van Lith is going to be the star. I knew it when she and Bueckers started in the USA U-19's. They were HS juniors and started with Boston, Howard & Hilman-Baker and ahead of all the guards with a year of college experience.
And with a loss and disgrace facing Walz at the end of the Aussie game he entrusted it to the 2 HS guards and they delivered.

I can't wait till Louisville plays NCSt.
Louisville is good, DePaul has a long way to go.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Watching this game Louisville looks good.

Kinda feel sad for Nyah Green and Ramani Parker. Talked them into redshirting last season due to depth chart and this season they come back as red shirt freshman and are beat out by a true freshman guard and post. Yikes!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, DePaul looks like an overmatched and undersized bunch of chuckers. Louisville has more pieces than I thought. Smith was the #18 recruit in 2017 and looks very good. Hailey Van Lith is the real deal. We probably weren't going to get her once Paige verballed. We certainly weren't going to get her once Nika verballed. Hailey seems like a good kid. She's also Badass. I think Louisville was a better choice for her than Baylor would have been.

Reaction Score
Yeah, DePaul looks like an overmatched and undersized bunch of chuckers. Louisville has more pieces than I thought. Smith was the #18 recruit in 2017 and looks very good. Hailey Van Lith is the real deal. We probably weren't going to get her once Paige verballed. We certainly weren't going to get her once Nika verballed. Hailey seems like a good kid. She's also Badass. I think Louisville was a better choice for her than Baylor would have been.
Baylor sure could use her shooting.

Reaction Score
Van Lith is for real. She's been good, and more importantly, CONSISTENTLY good. If Paige comes out of the blocks even close to that level, I'll be really happy. :D
I hope Paige comes out of the blocks being Paige, already being in the spot light, she could press a little bit to keep up with Van Lith and Clark.

Reaction Score
Louisville is good, DePaul has a long way to go.
I hope Paige comes out of the blocks being Paige, already being in the spot light, she could press a little bit to keep up with Van Lith and Clark.

If Bueckers was all about scoring you'd be right. But she isn't and you are wrong. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see Louisville called off the horses in the 4th

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I see Louisville called off the horses in the 4th
Jeff did a Geno and had all subs in the 4th. The subs did a UConn and got outscored in the 4th.

Reaction Score
Watching this game Louisville looks good.

Kinda feel sad for Nyah Green and Ramani Parker. Talked them into redshirting last season due to depth chart and this season they come back as red shirt freshman and are beat out by a true freshman guard and post. Yikes!!!
Balogun and Dixon have also taken on lesser roles, I thought Dixon would be a starter this season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Van Lith is for real. She's been good, and more importantly, CONSISTENTLY good. If Paige comes out of the blocks even close to that level, I'll be really happy. :D
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the game.
But then it became a huge blowout with the Cardinals setting a team record for most points scored in a game (I believe, I wasn't giving the game my total attention in the 4th quarter). Final - 116-75.

Reaction Score
As a Louisville fan I of course are very happy with what I saw tonight.

I was most impressed by the 11 blocked shots and 26 assists. Hailey Van Lith is the real deal, obviously. Cochran could be the second coming of Myisha Hines-Allen. And Walz wasn't blowing smoke last season when he said that many days in practice Kianna Smith was the best player on the floor.

I do feel sorry for Nyah Green and Ramani Parker. After redshirting last year they are going to be relegated to mopup minutes, at least right now. And Balogun and Dixon are going to be fighting for playing time against good teams. Louisville will have a chance to beat teams with their depth.

How about a pickup game at Storrs tomorrow morning?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom