#5 in League Standings | The Boneyard

#5 in League Standings

Reaction Score
As of tonight, we are #5 in conference standings. Let's keep it that way!

Chance to gain some ground when we play Memphis next week. Apparently UConn has one of the toughest remaining schedules in the top half of the league. Gotta keep winning!

Reaction Score
UCONN is slowly putting themselves in a good position for the number 5 spot. It looks like it comes down to us, UCF and Tulsa for that spot. Consider this with our record of 7-5 in league play:

1. We have the tiebreaker over UCF with our 2 wins, but Tulsa owns the tiebreaker against us.
2. Tulsa already has 6 conference losses, and still has road games at Cincy, SMU and UCF.
3. UCF has 7 losses, and still has Cincy and a road game at Temple.

I actually think 10-8 in league play gets us the bye. I assume Tulsa losses to both Cincy and SMU on the road, and I think UCF beats them next week at home. If UCF losses at home to Cincy that is 8 losses right there.

UCONN needs to win at least 3 of their last 6 games. Memphis, SMU and Cincy are all tough, but all at home. Temple, Houston and East Carolina all on the road.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
UCONN is slowly putting themselves in a good position for the number 5 spot. It looks like it comes down to us, UCF and Tulsa for that spot. Consider this with our record of 7-5 in league play:

1. We have the tiebreaker over UCF with our 2 wins, but Tulsa owns the tiebreaker against us.
2. Tulsa already has 6 conference losses, and still has road games at Cincy, SMU and UCF.

I actually think 10-8 in league play gets us the bye. I assume Tulsa losses to both Cincy and SMU on the road, and I think UCF beats them next week at home. If UCF losses at home to Cincy that is 8 losses right there.

UCONN needs to win at least 3 of their last 6 games. Memphis, SMU and Cincy are all tough, but all at home. Temple, Houston and East Carolina all on the road.
We need 11-7 to be safe because Tulsa may only lose to Cincy and SMU the rest of the way. Either way, the Memphis game is yuge.

Reaction Score

If we beat Memphis on Thursday are we tied with them?

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we beat Memphis a Thursday are we tied with them?
No, they play Temple tomorrow. If they win, regardless of the outcome on Thursday, they would still be ahead of us. If they lose tomorrow and we beat them, we pass them.

Reaction Score
A win over Memphis and we're above .500 overall for the first time all season - been chasing that since the Wagner/Northeastern debacles.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Just give us a shot to break Cincy's AAC Tourney hearts again
tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members