5 Games in and the Center spot still open... | The Boneyard

5 Games in and the Center spot still open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You would think that someone would have emerged by now knowing that there are significant minutes available for a defender/rebounder/rim protector/scorer. Brimah is the early favorite but lacks advanced skills. Nolan has been penned as the favorite but he is not showing much. Facey and Tyler are fighting for minutes but stalemated at this point. I wonder are we actually a year away from this being solved.

When I ask, can Ollie stop accepting applications?

Reaction Score
I hear you...and in reality philip TO facey are all pf only brimah is a center on this team. Oh how I miss wolf now haha

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I thought Facey played really well at center last night when we went to a smaller line-up with 3 guards and DD at the 4.

Facey and Brimah should be seeing more minutes.

The problem with Brimah is foul trouble. He needs experience so that he can adapt to the game and how fouls will be called. I thought Brimah did a good job last night of NOT falling for pump fakes, and rather, waiting until the ball was released before going for the block. He was a little late on 2 shots that BC tear-dropped over him, but he didn't fall for the pump fakes or get called for bad fouls (which is an improvement in my mind). One foul called on him was BS.

Facey isn't big enough to bang down low and get rebounds with other bigs, but I like his drive and he has a nose for the ball and good instincts (a nice pass in traffic vs Detroit, and he looked good last night in limited minutes). When we go small, I'd like to see him at center so long as he doesn't hurt our rebounding (can it get worse?!).

Reaction Score
Facry definitely seems to be the most coordinated of the bunch but obviously can't bang down low. Phil seems to have no finishing skills. Amida has shown he can block shots but his defense is suspect.

At this point it's pick your poison.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Yesterday folks were discussing the relative merits of Roscoe vs. DD. IMO, if we had Roscoe, not only would he not play the 3, he would be at the 5 with DD at the 4.

Reaction Score
Nolan has been very disappointing. Olander is the same guy he's been for 4 years, which was expected. It's hard for me to be too critical of Brimah since he's already surpassed every expectation I had of him coming into the season.

The bottom line is it will be center by committee unless Brimah learns how to stay out of foul trouble, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Reaction Score
teams are playing typical stretch 4s @ the 5 now. I'd like to see Daniels and facey at the 5 if Vonleh is playing there. Guarding a jump shooter is foreign to brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom