5 conf mates in Andy Katz Top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

5 conf mates in Andy Katz Top 25

Reaction Score
UConn takes a cut in TV revenue to what? Join the Big East? The watered down version of what was once a great basketball league? And believe me the Big East you guys are clamoring for is not the Big East we all have fond memories of. The Big East makes out much better for having UConn than UConn's athletic department makes out joining a non football conference. This is the biggest mistake UConn has made yet. Even bigger than The P & D hires, much bigger than whatever involvement they had in suing former Big East schools for bailing on a crumbling Big East conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol if you think there is such an enormous difference between the 5th & 6th place leagues (in another bad year for UConn and Memphis/WSU reloading), I won’t argue. If you think that’s enough of a gulf to cripple football, and neuter baseball and fork over 12 million on exit fees, I won’t argue.

I appreciate the perspective.

If you think the Big East is the 5th best league now that it has UConn I think we can all bid adieu to you knowing you are a clown.

Reaction Score
If you think the Big East is the 5th best league now that it has UConn I think we can all bid adieu to you knowing you are a clown.
If we perform how we should, I think it is 3rd/4th behind the ACC and the Big Ten. Maybe right there with the Big 12. Certainly ahead of the American, Pac 12, as a whole better than the SEC.

Reaction Score
Lol if you think there is such an enormous difference between the 5th & 6th place leagues (in another bad year for UConn and Memphis/WSU reloading), I won’t argue. If you think that’s enough of a gulf to cripple football, and neuter baseball and fork over 12 million on exit fees, I won’t argue.

I appreciate the perspective.
Don't you ever tire of embarrassing yourself? Go away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't you ever tire of embarrassing yourself? Go away.

he’s having a butch level hissy fit - sure thing buddy tell me what’s best for UConn.

Reaction Score
I watched the BE conference tournament championship game this year. On a Saturday night at MSG. Exciting close game between Nova and Seton Hall. Gus Johnson was there!

Night. And. Day. To the AAC tournament. And the AAC.

I was feeling so jealous watching it. No longer.

Reaction Score
he’s having a butch level hissy fit - sure thing buddy tell me what’s best for UConn.
The arguments are just so stupid. The Big East isn't a power conference (despite the fact it is.) Nova won it all twice recently but they are carrying the conference (what do you think UConn did for the 90's?) These are just the leftovers despite it being the majority of the originals with Marquette (a national title winner with rabid fanbase) Xavier (a season removed from a #1 seed, several recent sweet 16 and elite 8 appearances) Butler (back to back title appearance not too long ago) and Creighton (a good solid basketball school with a rabid fanbase.)

The ACC and Big 10 have been doing everything to move their tournaments into MSG and have been told you're never welcome unless you want to come in a week or two before the season is over, Big 10 did it and it was pretty much a disaster. Big East is never being moved from MSG and will remain the best conference tournament.

Outside of the diehard fans of the schools stuck in it, nobody knows the AAC even exists.

Reaction Score
Us FL fans are losing everything. No more Orlando/Tampa split. Sacrifices for the greater good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Other than in NBA threads, I have probably not posted more than 10 times on the basketball board all year before Saturday. I am pumped now. This is a whole new world for UConn.

One thing to keep in mind about getting into the Dance is the computer rankings. While the Big East was down last year, it still had 9 of 10 teams in the Top 73 of the NET rating that the NCAA uses, and Depaul was the worst Big East team in the computer ranking at 102. The AAC, in the best season since Louisville left, had its #6 team at 83, 4 teams in the 90's, and 2 teams worse than 250.

Those home and homes with teams worse than 100 in the computer rankings are brutal for bubble teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn takes a cut in TV revenue to what? Join the Big East? The watered down version of what was once a great basketball league? And believe me the Big East you guys are clamoring for is not the Big East we all have fond memories of. The Big East makes out much better for having UConn than UConn's athletic department makes out joining a non football conference. This is the biggest mistake UConn has made yet. Even bigger than The P & D hires, much bigger than whatever involvement they had in suing former Big East schools for bailing on a crumbling Big East conference.

The Big East is probably the 3rd best basketball conference in the nation. You are mistaken.

Reaction Score
Other than in NBA threads, I have probably not posted more than 10 times on the basketball board all year before Saturday. I am pumped now. This is a whole new world for UConn.

One thing to keep in mind about getting into the Dance is the computer rankings. While the Big East was down last year, it still had 9 of 10 teams in the Top 73 of the NET rating that the NCAA uses, and Depaul was the worst Big East team in the computer ranking at 102. The AAC, in the best season since Louisville left, had its #6 team at 83, 4 teams in the 90's, and 2 teams worse than 250.

Those home and homes with teams worse than 100 in the computer rankings are brutal for bubble teams.
That's another thing the people whining and diminishing the Big East fail to mention. DePaul is the only weak Big East team and they aren't weak for much longer.

Reaction Score
That's another thing the people whining and diminishing the Big East fail to mention. DePaul is the only weak Big East team and they aren't weak for much longer.

Two top 100 players coming in (one is top 50) and a Kansas transfer. Talent is there for a team that won 19 games last year...

Reaction Score
Creighton might have the best fans of any school outside the P5. They pack everything. Going to have very fun away games there in many sports
It’s in Nebraska. What else is there to do dec-mar???

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The big east has been far closer to the ACC than the AAC since realignment. Easily the 3rd best basketball conference. It’s a massive upgrade for our flagship program. You’re delusional

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s in Nebraska. What else is there to do dec-mar???

yeah that’s why you want to be in a basketball conference with schools that own snow plows and not those 15 minutes from disneyworld

Reaction Score
48C4A777-7104-44E7-A0B4-E48C902C72B8.jpeg

Reaction Score
I watched the BE conference tournament championship game this year. On a Saturday night at MSG. Exciting close game between Nova and Seton Hall. Gus Johnson was there!

Night. And. Day. To the AAC tournament. And the AAC.

I was feeling so jealous watching it. No longer.
This is from 2 seasons ago. The Big East Conference has been leading in attendance for the tournament. Big East beat the Big Ten when both were at MSG.

Also a so-called down year as 90% of the league went to the NCAA/NIT. Heck, even DePaul went to postseason play in the CBI.

Reaction Score
The tourney will tell....

With good seeds, I could see a BE heavy Sweet 16.

A rebuild year for UNC, Duke, and Virginia....lots of new faces.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This is the extent of his journalism...

"19. Georgetown (20): I moved the Hoyas up a notch after this interview with an optimistic Patrick Ewing,who believes Georgetown can get to the tournament."

So a coach tells him they are optimistic about their team and they move up in the rankings...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom