5 .... 4 .... 3 .... | The Boneyard

5 .... 4 .... 3 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here comes the explosion. It's official PP will be back in 13, per everyone's fav beat writer

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Apparently, there are no favorite beat writers anymore. Amirite?...

Reaction Score
mqdefault.jpg

....what's good?

Reaction Score
Cool. I'll appreciate the spring and summer that much more knowing I have nothing to look forward to in the fall.

Reaction Score
The question is if GDL will be back as OC.

Not optimistic here either.

Reaction Score
We knew this when we woke up Monday morning and nothing was announced.

Manuel "promises adjustments will be made". Not holding my breath.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
is anyone really that surprised about this?
No but that didn't stop me from dying inside just a little.

Reaction Score
i doubt GDL will be gone since he is on road recruiting doubt they would have him recruit if he wasn't gonna be back

Reaction Score
i doubt GDL will be gone since he is on road recruiting doubt they would have him recruit if he wasn't gonna be back

Is it practical/realistic for The Boneyard members to agree to boycotting the Spring Game and putting out a press release outlining our collective concern for the future of UConn football?

Reaction Score
No but that didn't stop me from dying inside just a little.

Based on recent events, slowly dying inside seems to be their long term goal for us fans.

But at least we can take some comfort that they're monitoring the situation.

Reaction Score
Is it practical/realistic for The Boneyard members to agree to boycotting the Spring Game and putting out a press release outlining our collective concern for the future of UConn football?

. It's important to make the Spring Game a well attended event. You can't demand that other conferences and sports writers take us seriously as a football school and then threaten to boycott events because you don't like the coach. It would be one thing if we put 20k people in the seats every year. Then a year of no shows might get someone's attention. We usually get a third of that, and all an empty stadium will tell WM is that people don't care enough about football.

Reaction Score

Not realistic at all considering its mostly boneyarders and lurkers that make it a point to go. No matter what anyone is saying at this point, we will show up at signing day- get excited over some recruiting video, declare someone the next big thing at the spring game, open up with a convincing win vs Towson next season, beat Randy again, and then promptly get stomped by Michigan at which point we'll start to meltdown again and panic.... or if we pull off an upset and start the season 3-0 or 4-0 including wins over Maryland and Michigan everyone here will eat crow and the bandwagon will grow. The fact that we all care this much and are complaining this much is great cause we should care, but the fact that we are the diehards will also keep us coming back for more.

The administration is probably looking as 2013 as a free-pass and we'll probably have higher season ticket sales than the past 2 seasons and its based solely on our home schedule. I can see the seats that require a donation taking a downfall saleswise but top of the rent and general season tickets will sell briskly if only to secure tickets for the Maryland &Michigan games. I also think that'll be the first back to back sellout in quite some time at the rent.

While i don't think we'll see GDL fired outright (though he should) i think he will give up at least the OL coach role and I think Day will be given some additional responsibilities. I'm definitely looking forward to the Q&A session at this years Signing Day- especially if everyone remains this disgruntled.

Reaction Score
I usually go the Signing Day Event and the dinner in early August. I'll be hard pressed to attend either this year. That may be my own little personal form of protest. Hopefully my son doesn't ask about either event.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Only about 5,000 were there last year during a beautiful day, and about 2,400 the year before (in the cold steel rain). I remember reading how those people who went lambasted those who didn't go and that they can't call themselves real fans anymore.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so when some 1 sends enough letters to the media everywhere and uconn has to answer u force a decision. lesson learned warde. should have come out one way or the other earlier. now, since u picked a questionable route u better can gdl or u sir will have one ugly ass issue very soon. skip for gdl right now!

Reaction Score
I think there's a lot of merit to that. Fans need to be realistic about who we can attract right now. I don't think a top MAC coach would come here just like I don't think a top MAC coach would go to CUSA. It's probably easier to get a SEC type HC job from the MAC than it is the Big East since it'd be easier to stand out against the weaker competition.

Reaction Score
I think there's a lot of merit to that. Fans need to be realistic about who we can attract right now. I don't think a top MAC coach would come here just like I don't think a top MAC coach would go to CUSA. It's probably easier to get a SEC type HC job from the MAC than it is the Big East since it'd be easier to stand out against the weaker competition.

My opinion is it's better to sit tight for a year secondary to realignment crap and then move if we still have no appreciable (not a win or two more) improvement. There will always be the "next best thing to sliced bread" out there.

Reaction Score
There's a positive in this, attendence should go way up as fans flock to see Coach P's farewell tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom