4th Quarter ... What Happened??? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

4th Quarter ... What Happened???

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm concerned again about the absence of participation of the bench

No need for the non-performing 7 to be out there in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter.

I can't fathom why the kids weren't played.

Weren't we all just saying that Inez looks like a player?

I know, I know...bellyaching about a game that won a championship...maybe in a bad mood...Stuck in Reno, travel to the ski areas next to impossible, without 4-wheel drive and good snows...My rental has one, not the other...and the monsoon is scheduled for tomorrow 'till Sunday...Talk about weather...wowsa

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Game in hand, Villanova was in crisis mode, not the case with UCONN and we stopped with the pressure we put on them for the previous 3+ quarters. Was a bit worrisome for a bit but we were able to put up a couple of baskets which put the game well in hand.
Never saw a UCONN championship team that stopped attacking their opponents irrespective of the score. None of them ever eased up.

Reaction Score
Game in hand, Villanova was in crisis mode, not the case with UCONN and we stopped with the pressure we put on them for the previous 3+ quarters. Was a bit worrisome for a bit but we were able to put up a couple of baskets which put the game well in hand.
There was never a worry about losing the game. Geno, rested his top 3, allowed 3 newbee's to get "Tourney time". Compassion for a Good team a good coach. Extra points got no extra credit. Allowed Siecrest to hold her head high with better numbers. It was a Win Win Win. Nothing compares a player better for the tournament than having played in one--historic Geno.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you misunderstood my post. I never said that the game should be played to impress the pollsters. The post only points out that three digit scores catch the eye of the pollsters regardless if any of them actually watched the game. The post also says that UConn did the right thing by not attempting to run up the score.
Understood; actually I didn’t misunderstand your post but I see where my reply made you think that. It was meant to read as an agreement with your post but I did not make that very clear at all, my bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom