2021 Recruiting: - 4th open roster spot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: 4th open roster spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think most if not all of our seniors will be playing college basketball next year whether it is for us or someone else. It's the same for them as being a redshirt or a normal transfer so unless the NBA is calling which isn't likely, each will pursue graduate opportunities or playing time depending on their priorities.

Reaction Score
[Jordan Hawkins has entered the chat.]

I'd always pump the brakes on assuming a freshman will have a big role, particularly when Hurley is so keen on trusting the upperclassmen (potentially to a a fault, but that's an argument for a different thread).

It does show they're recruiting for the right roles though.

Reaction Score
Depends on availability and transfers worth looking at. I'll be back to revisit this closer to March.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Can Rashad Anderson come back and play?
I'd always pump the brakes on assuming a freshman will have a big role, particularly when Hurley is so keen on trusting the upperclassmen (potentially to a a fault, but that's an argument for a different thread).

It does show they're recruiting for the right roles though.

Yea I agree with you, tough to put expectations on the young’n. I’m just excited for this kid, and ‘Sool distributing to him. Plus the news that he’s up to like 6’5”-6’6” is gonna make a big difference in his ability to get shots up.

Reaction Score
Can Rashad Anderson come back and play?

Yea I agree with you, tough to put expectations on the young’n. I’m just excited for this kid, and ‘Sool distributing to him. Plus the news that he’s up to like 6’5”-6’6” is gonna make a big difference in his ability to get shots up.

I think he could be one of those kids who ends up in the league before he really does much of anything at the college level. If he can be effecient and average 10+ I think he's gone first round. His game profiles to the NBA better than any player we've had since Drummond.

Reaction Score
I think he could be one of those kids who ends up in the league before he really does much of anything at the college level. If he can be effecient and average 10+ I think he's gone first round. His game profiles to the NBA better than any player we've had since Drummond.
Bouknight

Reaction Score
We need a 5* stud one and done type, Bouk is an outlier, our other recruits recently are not ready to step in and dominate

Reaction Score
We need a 5* stud one and done type, Bouk is an outlier, our other recruits recently are not ready to step in and dominate
Not the culture we want. Hurley wants people bought in to get experience and leadership and pass down the culture. 2 and done might be the minimum.

What I hope for in 2022 Justice Williams + Clingan/Lively + Yann Farrell + Corey Floyd

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think most if not all of our seniors will be playing college basketball next year whether it is for us or someone else. It's the same for them as being a redshirt or a normal transfer so unless the NBA is calling which isn't likely, each will pursue graduate opportunities or playing time depending on their priorities.
Whaley said coming back is an “interesting option”.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How about a really good player who will stick around long enough to give us a real shot at a title?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If Whaley came back and Akok was healthy we would have the deepest front court in the country, and we’re primarily a 4 out offense lol.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's already said he'll consider it.
That's great news. If he added a good shot to his game he might be have an opportunity at a really good contract that could set him up for life whether he is 24 then or not. He was just hitting his stride last spring and this year is a already turning into a Covid trial at best. Also, getting most or all of a free masters (as mentioned above) while he's at it and hopefully a "real" year at the University looks like a possibility. He would really provide some much needed leadership especially with the likely leaving of Bouk.

Reaction Score
We need a couple grown men. Not young freshman. I would love if Whaley came back or less likely Bouk. To be a title contender I feel you need some experienced talent.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

I would happily take an efficient 10+ from him for a year, and getting a kid to the league after just one season would be a nice badge for the brand.

Hawkins can shoot and seems tough, but I honestly don’t know much about his athleticism or bball IQ...who would you say is a reasonable NBA (or D1) comp for his game? (I know that’s hard to judge at this point, just curious as to your thoughts.)

Reaction Score
Let's relax on Cole a little, he's played 4 games in the last 2 years. I think he'll be a different player in a month.

History shows he's a scorer, yes at a lower level, but he'll be more efficient and reliable once he gets in a groove. 1 game every 2 weeks is not a recipe for success so let's see by mid-January.

On point 2, will he be though? He was a volume scorer with a mediocre shooting % against awful competition playing on a horrible team. What makes you think he will be "efficient and reliable" against significantly better opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom