4th of July Song - What's Yours? | The Boneyard

4th of July Song - What's Yours?

JS

Reaction Score
Played in the marching band in my youth and will always associate it with marches by John Philip Sousa. As I recall, we did little else.

Below a random school band performing the one I remember best: The Thunderer.

Perhaps slightly better known are Stars and Stripes Forever, Semper Fidelis and Washington Post.

The typical Fourth of July parade would have other stuff -- You're A Grand Old Flag, Marine Hymn, Yankee Doodle Dandy -- but for me Sousa brought the patriotic chills.

Reaction Score
Played in the marching band in my youth and will always associate it with marches by John Philip Sousa. As I recall, we did little else.

Below a random school band performing the one I remember best: The Thunderer.

Perhaps slightly better known are Stars and Stripes Forever, Semper Fidelis and Washington Post.

The typical Fourth of July parade would have other stuff -- You're A Grand Old Flag, Marine Hymn, Yankee Doodle Dandy -- but for me Sousa brought the patriotic chills.
Also played in my high school marching band. We played this often, as well as some other rousing Sousa marches. We'll never get those melodies out of our heads...but that's okay with me.

Hey, maybe we went to different schools together! :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The 4th of July is about patriotism and BBQ's, hopefully in that order. After God Bless America there comes my favorite BBQ song. That means a different thread.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

One of my favorites, as well. Performed at the "Salute to America" show we attended Monday night as part of the local Gaslight Theatre's Monday Night concert series.

Also performed was Sinatra's "House I Live In", another excellent patriotic tune. Armen Dirtadian, who performs it in the show, always chokes up as he describes his grandparents coming to America from Armenia (yes, I saw the show a couple years ago as well). Actually like Armen's version, he has a very powerful voice, very dramatic when he sings it.

Reaction Score
Any song that reminds me of what started on this date and why we continue to celebrate this great country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom