4pm Stanford Cal ESPN2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

4pm Stanford Cal ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Even though I havent see Duke I think theyre better then Stanford. Stanford is one dimensional. What happens when Duke loses to UConn? If UConn were healthly and 100% I would say UConn Baylor Duke ND Kentucky and Stanford in that order.

Reaction Score
Hmm, I know remember I think a female professor after Gee-Vanderbilt betrayal. I don't remember someone before Gee, presumably my first semester. You remember who it was?

Gee was only prez for 2 yrs. Jan 98-Feb00. Before/after that were interim.

Reaction Score
Kentucky? Even after the blow-out to Baylor?

Even though I havent see Duke I think theyre better then Stanford. Stanford is one dimensional. What happens when Duke loses to UConn? If UConn were healthly and 100% I would say UConn Baylor Duke ND Kentucky and Stanford in that order.

Reaction Score
Hmm, I know remember I think a female professor after Gee-Vanderbilt betrayal. I don't remember someone before Gee, presumably my first semester. You remember who it was?

Nah. Grad students don't pay attention to the administration. (I recalled Gee's term was very short, but had to look the dates up.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The first consecutive home losses in 12 years. That was a nice record.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now maybe all of this "who should be ranked 4th?" silliness can end. A number 1 seed is Duke's for the taking.

And take it we will :D (i guess im allowed to speak for the team ;))

There was never any doubt on my part that Duke > Stanford.......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the pecking order is blurrier than usual this year.

Two months ago, I thought the Final Four was clear. Now, ND, Cal, maybe Kentucky, maybe others have crept into the picture.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Why not Green & Gold and Blue and White? (Baylor, ND, Duke, UCONN)

Reaction Score
I have said from the beginning that Duke was much better than Stanford.
Stanford's weakness is guard play and depth. Cal is better than they showed against Duke only because their lack of shooters could not take advantage of Dukes weakness, slow rotations on other teams outside shooters. It's all about match ups plus Timing. I also said Stanford wouldn't run the Pac 12 this year with Cal being the most likely of many that were capable of beating them. Cal was going to feast on Stanford's guards. That being said if Chiney gets hot again and they catch a the right match ups in the NCAA's Stanford still has the ability to advance much farther than they are expected to now.

Reaction Score
I think the pecking order is blurrier than usual this year.

Two months ago, I thought the Final Four was clear. Now, ND, Cal, maybe Kentucky, maybe others have crept into the picture.

Still Baylor's title to lose.
The Stanford game was a red herring -- a frosh guard thrown into a lead role early in the season.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Maybe Stanford's just not that good this year.
Looking forward to our game w Duke
Hope we're healthier.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
TV scheduled it. Source: J. McCauley, AP

All of the Pac12 teams are playing back to back "rival" games, ie. USC v UCLA; UA v ASU, OU v OSU, etc.
They did this because they no longer play the Pac 12 tournament the same time as the men. To do this they moved the women's tournament up a week. Thus had to take a week away from the Conference schedule. So instead of playing your rival, as the only game on the schedule, at home in one week then about 5-6 weeks later playing them again at the others venue, they made the schedule this way.
They also moved the Pac 12 WBB Tournament out of LA and to Seattle for the next few years.
Should be some ok games again out west next week as UCLA will play both Stanford and Cal this week, along with USC, at the No Cal schools. I think the games are Thur, USC @ Cal @ 6pm PST and then UCLA plays at Stanford on Friday night. Those games on the Pac12 network.

Reaction Score
Stanford's better than Kentucky at this point.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Disagree. Kentucky has an excellent pressure defense that Stanford cannot match. Kentucky overall is much quicker which IMO offsets Stanford's significant size advantage. Neither team has a great offense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Not sure about that.... but I would LOVE to see them matchup in the elite 8.... Stanford's guards vs KY helter skelter defense... and I think KY has enough inside presence to match up with Stanford as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom