4 UConn Buzzer Beaters at the same time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

4 UConn Buzzer Beaters at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Am I Ignoring the, "Dude, you have too much time on your hands" crowd, or do we really have widespread agreement here?

Reaction Score
I'd probably get outvoted on this, but Washington was the best one to me. They were all great, but I was too new a fan in 1990 to fully appreciate the Tate shot, Florida was regular season and against Pitt the game was tied. Washington had everything -- we went from losing to winning, in the NCAA tournament, and plus there was the pandemonium with that ball bouncing all over the place. I was sure the buzzer was going to go off any second, and then Rip gets it in his hands and we win.
Also, this video is outstanding.

It's a close call. There are legitimate reasons to pick each of the three (the George shot, the Kemba shot, and the Rip shot).

The Tate shot is legendary for obvious reasons. If that b*** Christian Laettner doesn't do the same thing a couple times thereafter, maybe I vote it #1.

Yeah, the Kemba shot was in a tie game, but the symmetry there is almost stupefying. You have the kid from New York City drilling a game-winner in Madison Square Garden, at the Big East Tournament, against a Big East rival, en route to arguably the most improbable 11 game run in college basketball history. Has there ever been another buzzer beater where the game-winner was predated by the defender falling down? I can't think of any.

The Rip shot is probably #1 for me, too, though. That has to rank among the best finishes in March Madness history. The fact that it was on the third try just elevates the drama to unthinkable levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom