• Louisiana St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Loose balls going to LSU. Check.

Poor shooting from SC? Check.

Missed SC free throws? Check.

LSU making more and more perimeter shots? Check.

Reaction Score
I won't even be mad if we lose. LSU is playing well and honestly Nikki has out coached Dawn with a far inferior roster.
I'm starting to go soft on Fargas again. Don't judge me lol

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
So, I turn to this game and see USC score 4 points and Nikki have to call a timeout.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to go soft on Fargas again. Don't judge me lol
I feel like we do this every year. Play awful for a chunk before SEC play, go on a strong run in SEC play w/ a couple upsets, then drop some games we shouldn't late in conference play before getting bounce in the NCAAT opening weekend.

Reaction Score
Never seen a team break down in transition as badly as LSU is doing here at the end.

Reaction Score
LSU looks out of gas.
I mean they played their hearts out for 35 minutes. They are gassed now, they did their best.

SC has far too superior athletes. LSU has Pointer, Aifuwa and Young, and thats about it. But LSU is a senior heavy team which IMO is a big reason why the D is so good.

Reaction Score
I mean they played their hearts out for 35 minutes. They are gassed now, they did their best.

SC has far too superior athletes. LSU has Pointer, Aifuwa and Young, and thats about it. But LSU is a senior heavy team which IMO is a big reason why the D is so good.

Played well.

Reaction Score
Think the Tennessee -SC game will look a lot like this though Key might even be able to give Boston an uglier game

Reaction Score
SC needs to work on free throws and 3 point shooting. They actually moved the ball well but miss a lot of wide open shots from the perimeter.

I think its one of those years where there will be a lot of upsets and close games. Louisville is struggling right now with Wake Forest.

Reaction Score
SC needs to work on free throws and 3 point shooting. They actually moved the ball well but miss a lot of wide open shots from the perimeter.

I think its one of those years where there will be a lot of upsets and close games. Louisville is struggling right now with Wake Forest.

I think SC can afford to lose to UConn and one SEC team (whether in conference play or the SEC tournament) and still get a #1 seed.

Assuming both of those come true (not saying they will, just a hypothetical that I see as well within the realm of possibility), SC enters the big dance with 3 losses - likely enough for a #1 seed along with UConn, Louisville, and NC State. There are a few other teams, namely Maryland and A&M, that could also be in the mix for a top seed.

There are stretches where SC looks elite, but the shooting could be a big problem down the road. They do rebound and defend very well; I think most of us expected a very ugly game today at LSU. That team is tough defensively, especially at home.

You know, it’s funny — Boston had a big game statistically with 20/14 on >50% shooting, but it felt quiet. Probably because she had just one block, and lately it’s been a quiet game if she hasn’t had four or five.

Much is made about Howard, and last year I agreed with her SEC POY win, but I really think that this year it should be Boston or Jones of A&M—whichever team wins the conference. I suppose TN also remains in the mix, but I’d be surprised to see that manifest itself.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Sounds like you are describing UConn in the Tennessee game.:mad:

Reaction Score
This is why I think literally almost any of the top 10 could win a natty this year. I personally haven't seen anyone that looks unbeatable. They all have their issues and can do things when they get hot.

Quite honestly it will come down to who plays the best defense. I haven’t seen any team crisp offensively consistently but the best teams are playing tough defense and that will be the deal breaker IMO.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Boston has to be the favorite for SEC POY after her recent tear. In SEC play she's averaging 17.7 points, 12.7 rebounds and 4.9 blocks on 52% shooting.

Reaction Score
Quite honestly it will come down to who plays the best defense. I haven’t seen any team crisp offensively consistently but the best teams are playing tough defense and that will be the deal breaker IMO.
Who would you say are the best two or three defensive teams of those currently ranked in the top ten? I agree with your sentiment and am curious to hear who you think has it going on that side of the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom