4 RBs visiting next week | The Boneyard

4 RBs visiting next week

Reaction Score
I'm sure Mora wants a bigger back in the rotation and Carter served that purpose a bit because he was such a strong runner.

I am very interested to watch Rosa's development. He made tremendous progress through the course of the season and by the end of it he was getting into holes very quickly and making some good cuts. For his size he is plenty powerful. We may all be very surprised with what this kid accomplishes before he's done here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And if it's the Ball State kid, I will take back all of the expletives I screamed during the last 10 minutes of that contest...
Purely a guess on my part but I think our staff views him as an ideal replacement for Burns.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Works as both a Carter and Burns replacement. Can get those 3rd/4th and 1-3's but also works as a reliable frequent RB to rush 1000+ yards on the season.
I could be wrong but I believe that as the season winded down the staff realized that Burns was able to contribute more than just short yardage & blocking. If they had it to do over his end of season workload would have started a lot earlier.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I believe that as the season winded down the staff realized that Burns was able to contribute more than just short yardage & blocking. If they had it to do over his end of season workload would have started a lot earlier.
I got hammered on the BY for suggesting both the previous and current staff give him more touches the last year and a half. Just saying, but it was pretty obvious especially last year he should have gotten more "Burn".

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
As someone who watches practices under the old regime, I always thought Burns, Carter and Houston were really good, Brewton had the speed and at the time Modeste seemed ways behind. But Mensah got the ball. Overall, even 2 years ago, the talent in that group was apparent.

Reaction Score
As someone who watches practices under the old regime, I always thought Burns, Carter and Houston were really good, Brewton had the speed and at the time Modeste seemed ways behind. But Mensah got the ball. Overall, even 2 years ago, the talent in that group was apparent.

Mensah was a great kid but he got way too many carries. Spreading the load not only keeps the backs fresh, it gives you a much better idea of what each back can do.

Reaction Score
I got hammered on the BY for suggesting both the previous and current staff give him more touches the last year and a half. Just saying, but it was pretty obvious especially last year he should have gotten more "Burn".
It did seem odd that a guy with his size and speed didn't see much time on the field for a year and a half.

Reaction Score
I would love to see us bring in two RBs. One to contribute right away and one to develop a bit. As we saw this year 5 RBs saw time and currently just have 3 on the roster.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
RB is one of the least worrisome positions to backfill. They are a dime a dozen for most teams. It's been a consistent devaluation of the position over the past 20 years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom