4 point line?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

4 point line??

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
All this reminds me of a line from Antoine Walker (who knows if original?). He was asked why he shot so many threes. He responded, "Because there aren't any fours."

Reaction Score
Are you an old time Wes ( Poughkeepsie Popper) Balansukia (spelling suspect) Uconn long ball shooter Fan? Wes, before the 3 came into existence lit up the old field house from half court--often! For 2 points.
I'd have no issue with adding a point to shots from the half court or beyond.

If there were changes to be made, I'd return to the "contact rule as it once was--any contact of body parts as a foul, meaning the hand anywhere making contact is a foul. Today, wrestling matches --which means the physically larger has the advantage, --occur on nearly every possession.

In recent history--there was an "emphasis" for "hand checking", that's gone.. Now they hand check in the face or wrist in the neck.

Talented kids like Azzi, Paige or Lou shouldn't put their bodies on the line just to play a game.

Over physicality in the Men's game is why I stopped going to Uconn men's games.. Basketball was supposed to rely on Talent not brute force.
Most assuredly, TCC Kid. I loved watching Wooden's UCLA teams full-court press rivals into submission but, closer to home, it was my early teen years sports passion to listen to Huskies games on the radio as they played New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, URI and UMass in the old Yankee Conference.

Definitely Wes Bialosuknia's shooting was the most fun... I think he averaged over 28 as a senior, but Toby Kimball's rebounding rowess amazed me, too. Wes and Pete Maravich a few years later each would have averaged many more points per game if there'd been a three-point shot.

Lots of memories flooded back a couple of weeks ago when their coach, Fred Shabel, passed away. Both Wes and Toby preceded their coach in death.

Interesting thoughts all around, TCC. Thanks!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom