4 New Super Conferences | The Boneyard

4 New Super Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heres how i see this shaking out, if indeed we are going toward 4, 16 team super conferences:

Pac 16
Washington
Washington St
Oregon
Oregon St
Texas
Texas Tech
Utah
Colorado
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
Arizona
Arizona St
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Miss St
LSU
Tex A & M
Arkansas
Kentucky
Tennessee
Vandy
WVU
S. Carolina
Georgia
Florida St
Florida
Va Tech

ACC
UCONN
Cuse
Pitt
Rutgers
BC
Maryland
UVA
Clemson
Wake
UNC
NC State
Duke
Ga Tech
Miami
USF
Louisville

B1G
Michigan
Mich St
Ohio St
Northwestern
Indiana
Purdue
Penn St
Illinois
Iowa
Nebraska
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Kansas
Kansas St
Mizzouri

Left Out
TCU
Baylor
Iowa St

- im not sure if the SEC will go after va tech, or clemson. probably va tech

- pac 16 is probably all set. easiest to figure out.

- ACC seems to be making its moves quickly either out of fear of losing the 12 team format, or not wanting the big 10 to scoop up all the options first

- i have trouble believing that the big 10 will just wait and take leftovers....but thats kind of how it looks right now...especially if the ACC goes after us and rutty like most of us expect.

- i had trouble placing cincy, mizzou, usf, louisville, kansas, and k state.....but again, if the B1G waits, they might have to go this route. Also geographically it works.

- i will be surprised if TCU is left out, but they are tough to place right now as well. i have a feeling they might end up ion the big 10 instead of either mizzou, or k state.

- all this makes me wonder if boise state will get the bug to get to a major conference sooner than later. that could shake things up as well.

- there is really no scenario i see that leaves baylor in a BCS conference (super conference). Iowa state, on the other hand, could get lucky with the proximity, and in state rivalry with iowa. that would leave mizzou on the outside in my opinion.

These are just random thoughts i put together in a few minutes. but they seem mostly reasonable (in my non-reasonable mind)

Reaction Score
Cinci will not be invited to the B1G. OSU will never ever let that happen...ever. Cinci needs to hope there is a 5th conference (B12 hybrid) and get themselves into it. I hope there are 5 big leagues (truthfully I wish there were 8 smaller leagues of 10 teams, but I'm weird like that) so all the current BCS teams, and the top non AQ's land in good spots.

Reaction Score
Thats fair....and something i didnt really think through (as i said, this was a pretty quick guess)

cincy could easily be swapped out for louisville in the ACC (putting lville in the big 10), or cincy could be swapped out for iowa state, and then cincy would take isu's spot as a "left out".

my biggest issue with this is that i would think that there is so much more value in cincy than iowa state. i just cant see iowa state finding a spot (along with baylor)

Reaction Score
4 super conferences could be the first step in telling the NCAA good-bye and forming their own league.

Reaction Score
a team from south bend is looking for a home in this scenario, and I suspect they may be more attractive to the b1g than kansas state or cincinnati.

Reaction Score
The idea of 4 conferences of 16 teams has been floating around but I just dont see how we get there.

Assume that Tx/TT/Ok/OkS to PAC, RU/CT to ACC, WV/TAMU to SEC.

I can see Mizzou ending up somewhere, but under what scenario does anyone take Kansas, Kansas St, Cincy, Lou, USF?
Just because 16 seems like a nice round number, it doesnt mean conferences are going to take deadweight just to get there. It only dilutes the pie.

I think USF is in particular trouble since I doubt either FSU or Miami want them in the ACC, and they could end up far away from the rest of the leftover teams.

But I'm more worried about UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger