4 NC's in 16 years | The Boneyard

4 NC's in 16 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're preaching to a choir that expected 16 in 16...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We need to start becoming dominant in the regular season again. These other-wordly post-season runs cannot sustain themselves. Need to be a dominant program from November - March again, it's better for the long run.

Reaction Score
We need to start becoming dominant in the regular season again. These other-wordly post-season runs cannot sustain themselves. Need to be a dominant program from November - March again, it's better for the long run.
I actually agree with this. UConn hasn't had a truly great team since 2008-09 - that's a long time for a program that wants to be perceived on the same level as Kentucky, Duke, etc.

While there are a number of (BS) reasons they're not considered a Blue Snob...uh, Blood, I think this is an overlooked one. They've been largely an afterthought going into the tourney since 08-09.

Reaction Score
There is no absolutely no correlation between our happiness about the past 16 years and our growing concern about the program going forward. Sadly, the landscape has changed drastically in that same short amount of time and UConn finds itself in a precarious situation. To me, this doesn't at all feel like a rebuilding situation coming off a title.

Reaction Score
During the 6 game run last year many of us posted that we would gladly accept Daniels leaving early in exchange for a championship. Well here we are, was it worth it? Of course it was, 100 times over.

If Brimah doesn't make that three point play against St Joes Daniels would probably be on the team right now and we would probably be ranked, but only a dim witted fool would exchange this reality for that one.

Reaction Score
Nice, but we're not Syracuse.
Let's not get in the habit of referencing past glory as a salve to put on the wounds we are now taking.

Reaction Score
Nice, but we're not Syracuse.
Let's not get in the habit of referencing past glory as a salve to put on the wounds we are now taking.

I suggest that you heal your "wounds" with dog crap or maybe you should go jump off a bridge and end it all.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
These are the peaks and valleys that come with being a Uconn fan. From my understanding we've had more 3 star guys and even some 2 star guys than any
Other " blue blood" program. That being the case , we're going to have developmental seasons. Lets be honest , we won championships with players that played vital roles that never would've seen the floor at other " blue bloods". The only way to prevent this is to bring in multiple 4star / McDonalds
All Americans and we can't seem to do that. We can't brag about being a blue collar program that does more with less , and then be mad when this type of season happens.

Right now I'm looking at the potential of our front court with another season under their belt - Brimah, Facey and Hamilton are going to be top notch. I'm used to cheering for this program by projecting one or two seasons ahead. I hope we can make a run this year but I'm realistic .

Reaction Score
You are nuts, we are going to be loaded next year.

We are? We trade our by far most important player for a very talented freshman. No matter how good Adams is, it will not be a seamless transition. We add a raw freshman big man as well who will most likely be third or fourth on the depth chart and if Stone is here, he is pushed even further down. I don't think the sky is falling and I think we will improve, but we DESPERATELY need another ballhandler/decision maker.

Reaction Score
We are a blessed fan base.

I really am starting to hate "the we're with you win or tie" mentality that some posters seem to have.

Either back the team ALL the time and don't wait for a magical " run" to say what a big far you are.

A big part of those runs are going through the tough times.

And lets face it if this is as bad as it gets(maybe missing the tourney) it's not the end of the world.

As long as UCONN is playing(no matter where) it's a big game and I'm interested and cheering my guts out.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This x1000000. Yes.

Reaction Score
Every fan base has been complainers. Some pay good hard earned money with donations to boot. Doesn't make them evil or arseholes just perhaps shortsighted, intolerant and impatient.

Sometimes they do help us to see another side. If we all were cheerleaders this place would be dead. I'm not talking about the true balloon knots.

So can we tolerate without the bulliness and insults?

Reaction Score
We are spoiled with nothing to complain about, but success breeds expectation. I think a few great recruiting pieces can make all the difference in the world next season, even without Boat.

Reaction Score
in the very old daze just going to home game at fun fieldhouse was an EvenT and nobody had any expectations of ever actually winning a game against a legit national power; sledteam shined vs vermont, rhody, div deux florida southern, bu, e carolin in its own dog holiday tournaments etc, struggled majorly vs holy cross, bc wit cousey at helm, orange krapers when they visited storrs(man, they looked huge huge in pregame layup lines and man did they bury heroes at hugh s ..), brown, nyu, umass wit dee doctor, navy etc

big JIM simply spoiled this silly fanbase; now yo see what yo gets when JIM on links and last yr crown club was roster of 75% JIM unit as credit he left on deposit for preechermanz to cut his toofies on but now cooked

Reaction Score
People forget that UConn went to the NIT in 2001, two years after the first Championship. Hamilton did not want to go to the NIT,felt it was below UCOnn, Calhoun felt differently.

Reaction Score
Always nice to be able to fall back on, but I'm not going to pretend that the way this team has played is acceptable just because the program has won more championships than most.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with this. UConn hasn't had a truly great team since 2008-09 - that's a long time for a program that wants to be perceived on the same level as Kentucky, Duke, etc.

While there are a number of (BS) reasons they're not considered a Blue Snob...uh, Blood, I think this is an overlooked one. They've been largely an afterthought going into the tourney since 08-09.

This was true of last year but not 2011.

In 2011 Uconn was undefeated outside the conferences regular season, they were ranked in the top 10, and they were the 4 th most popular pick to win it all on tens of millions of ESPN brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom