4 missed free throws | The Boneyard

4 missed free throws

Reaction Score
Being all that had us in the top 10. Without a full roster at any point this season in our new, old home. It’s much tougher and more talented. But think, aside from our 2 or 3 big East level players, we are 4 missed FT’s out if being a 2/3seed right now. I think we are ahead of schedule if not right on it. Our worst loss was to a now 8-7 St. John’s team without our lottery pick,best defender,and top recruit. We didn’t lose to Tulane by 18.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think all of us fans, Bouk or no Bouk, would have been okay back in November with a "Here's the deal. Uconn is mid-January and the only thing standing between UConn and being undefeated is FT's at end of Creighton and SJU, both at home."

Problem is life sometimes throws you a lifeline and you get the chance to exceed expectation simply by doing mundane tasks. And that's twice now where FT's at home have failed to seal the deal.

Reaction Score
I’d love to see a guy like Gaffney get to the line more. He built up his body in the off season enough to handle driving in the paint. He reminds me a lot of Craig Austrie, which isn’t a bad thing, but his ceiling is higher than Craig’s, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I’d love to see a guy like Gaffney get to the line more. He built up his body in the off season enough to handle driving in the paint. He reminds me a lot of Craig Austrie, which isn’t a bad thing, but his ceiling is higher than Craig’s, in my opinion.
Gaffney's cieling is incredibly higher than Austrie's, as is his athleticism. Gaffney's athleticism baffles me. His high school clips display it and I have seen it first hand in pre game warm ups, yet it never seems to come out in games. With Bouknight out, we really need Gaffney to assert himself and become an impact player. The Creighton game would be a perfect coming out party.

I don't mean to derail the thread with my Gaffney comments. 65% free throw shooting like we saw yesterday simply isn't acceptable, and is a major area for improvement. I suspect it's an area of real focus in practice this week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He has potential, but right now, teams see his hesitancy and use it to their advantage. Both times he entered the game UConn had nice leads and they quickly evaporated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom