#4 Georgia vs #2 South Carolina - 3/07/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#4 Georgia vs #2 South Carolina - 3/07/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Georgia really looked good in this tournament.

Man, South Carolina and Mississippi State between them have now won seven straight SECTs.

Reaction Score
Beal runs over defender knocking her to the floor. No call.
That was a plan flop trying to get the official to blow the whistle. They did the same thing every time we advanced the ball. Glad the officials didn't fall for it.

Reaction Score
SEC championship record by decade

.. 80s 90s 00s 10s 20s
TN 4-1 5-3 4-1 4-1 ... 17-6
GA 3-1 1-3 1-1 ... 0-1 _5-6
VN ... 2-1 4-1 ... ... _6-2
AU 2-3 2-0 0-1 ... ... _4-4

LS 0-1 ... 1-5 0-1 ... _1-7
SC ... ... ... 4-0 2-0 _6-0
MS ... ... 0-1 1-3 0-1 _1-5
KY 1-0 ... ... 0-4 ... _1-4
AL 0-2 0-2 ... ... ... _0-4

OM 0-2 ... ... ... ... _0-2
TX ... ... ... 1-0 ... _1-0
FL ... 0-1 ... ... ... _0-1
AR ... ... ... ... 0-1 _0-1
MO ... ... ... ... ... ....

Reaction Score
SEC championship record by decade

.. 80s 90s 00s 10s 20s
TN 4-1 5-3 4-1 4-1 ... 17-6
GA 3-1 1-3 1-1 ... 0-1 _5-6
VN ... 2-1 4-1 ... ... _6-2
AU 2-3 2-0 0-1 ... ... _4-4

LS 0-1 ... 1-5 0-1 ... _1-7
SC ... ... ... 4-0 2-0 _6-0
MS ... ... 0-1 1-3 0-1 _1-5
KY 1-0 ... ... 0-4 ... _1-4
AL 0-2 0-2 ... ... ... _0-4

OM 0-2 ... ... ... ... _0-2
TX ... ... ... 1-0 ... _1-0
FL ... 0-1 ... ... ... _0-1
AR ... ... ... ... 0-1 _0-1
MO ... ... ... ... ... ....
6-2 is real strong by Vandy.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Love the win. Hate to be a team that has to face UGA in the tournament. Good luck.. that is NOT an easy 3-seed. Better hope they’re not a 2 because you’re gonna catch hell in the elite eight if they’re in your region...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Getting to the Free Throw line was key for South Carolina. 25 Free Throws for So Carolina and only 9 for Georgia. Even before Georgia started fouling, there was a huge disparity on Free Throw attempts. Not saying the Refs favored either team, but that Free Throws won the Game for So Carolina. So Carolina had 5 Assists on 23 Made Baskets.

Reaction Score
As annoying as Carolyn Peck can be sometimes, she's not wrong on this: SC needs to play through Boston. Period.
This. I've watched SC a few times and in most of the games the team seems to forget about Boston for a few minutes each game, with their guard preferring to take wild shots running at the basket or shooting strictly from three point range. SC has the most dominant post player in the country and there have been times they seem to not care.

If SC has a lengthy stay in the tournament it will be because they are looking for Boston as much as possible.

Reaction Score
In the battle of Boston v. Cunane, I’m taking AB. But man, did both these young ladies play terrifically well today.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Just not enough offense for Georgia. SC's guards are lethal in transition and they finally spaced the floor well for Boston. Good commentary by Peck in that regard.

I thought there was an awful no call that Boston got away with around 6:30 left in the 4th. They called a relatively inoffensive handcheck on Beal and ignored Boston making ample contact with Staiti. Had that been called, it would've been 4 on Boston and she likely goes to the pine and Georgia wouldve been primed to make a run. Definitely impossible to say but I thought it was a pretty badly missed no call.

Both teams will be handfuls in the tournament. I wouldn't want to face any of Tennessee, Georgia, A&M, Arkansas or SC before the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
Just not enough offense for Georgia. SC's guards are lethal in transition and they finally spaced the floor well for Boston. Good commentary by Peck in that regard.

I thought there was an awful no call that Boston got away with around 6:30 left in the 4th. They called a relatively inoffensive handcheck on Beal and ignored Boston making ample contact with Staiti. Had that been called, it would've been 4 on Boston and she likely goes to the pine and Georgia wouldve been primed to make a run. Definitely impossible to say but I thought it was a pretty badly missed no call.

Both teams will be handfuls in the tournament. I wouldn't want to face any of Tennessee, Georgia, A&M, Arkansas or SC before the Elite 8.

I guess NC State and Sluth Carolina are likely to be paired either way the 1 line shakes down?

Is that what Creme said today?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I guess NC State and Sluth Carolina are likely to be paired either way the 1 line shakes down?

Yeah that's where they're projected. Whoever is #1 is likely negligible.

Reaction Score
Good. I want to play NC State and UConn again. Not saying we will win but I am not convinced they are the better team.
I agreed with this until a week or so ago, but NC State just looks like the more fluid team. Cooke & Co. create so many turnovers. I’m afraid NCST would pick us apart again.

It does appear that as the #4 and #5 overall seeds, NC State and South Carolina will indeed be pointed to meet again.

There’s no other team I’d rather play less. Cunane comes as close to neutralizing Boston as anyone in the country.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

IMO, A&M should fall to the 2 line and State move up to the 1. A&M's NET rating is only 12.

Reaction Score
IMO, A&M should fall to the 2 line and State move up to the 1. A&M's NET rating is only 12.

NC States isn’t that much better at 8. It hasn’t been apparent that the committee has been relying on the NET much.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
NC States isn’t that much better at 8. It hasn’t been apparent that the committee has been relying on the NET much.
No, but they're the AQ from the ACC.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Good. I want to play NC State and UConn again. Not saying we will win but I am not convinced they are the better team.
I'm sure Dawn and Co feel the exact same. If I'm UCONN I'd much rather face NC State than SC. SC is streakier IMO due to guard play but when they prioritize Boston and make shots they can beat anyone. Title truly feels up for grabs this year among the top 7-8 teams in a way it hasn't felt in 10+ years.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm sure Dawn and Co feel the exact same. If I'm UCONN I'd much rather face NC State than SC. SC is streakier IMO due to guard play but when they prioritize Boston and make shots they can beat anyone. Title truly feels up for grabs this year among the top 7-8 teams in a way it hasn't felt in 10+ years.
I agree; more good teams than I can ever remember. Next season, it will be SC, UCONN and Stanford head and shoulders above everyone. If COVID is behind us, UCONN at SC will be a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
I agreed with this until a week or so ago, but NC State just looks like the more fluid team. Cooke & Co. create so many turnovers. I’m afraid NCST would pick us apart again.

It does appear that as the #4 and #5 overall seeds, NC State and South Carolina will indeed be pointed to meet again.

There’s no other team I’d rather play less. Cunane comes as close to neutralizing Boston as anyone in the country.
I like our chances the second go around against any team. Our guards probably had their worse shooting night of the season and they packed the paint on Boston so Cunane had help. As bad as we were playing they just hit shots near the end of the game and we didn't. I will have to disagree about being picked a part. I will have to watch the game again because I don't recalled that being the issue. I recall they had a player with a funny shot hitting some big 3s.

Reaction Score
I like our chances the second go around against any team. Our guards probably had their worse shooting night of the season and they packed the paint on Boston so Cunane had help. As bad as we were playing they just hit shots near the end of the game and we didn't. I will have to disagree about being picked a part. I will have to watch the game again because I don't recalled that being the issue. I recall they had a player with a funny shot hitting some big 3s.
Both teams played very ugly games the first time around. NC State converted a little more down the stretch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom