4 > 1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

4 > 1

Reaction Score
Any chance cuse forces jb hand and gets him out?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be shocked if her retires now. With the season behind him, the emotional toll of that car accident may weigh on him much more. I can't imagine what the quiet times must be like for him. I am not betting on him leaving, but i wouldn't be shocked.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Every program gets better when a legend retires.

Syracuse has the right conference and the right resources and the right history to attract a coach who can be successful in the 21st century. Boeheim is a legend. Make no mistake. But his system has hit its ceiling and is on the way back down. His recruiting gets worse every year.

Syracuse could be scary with the right coach.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has the right conference and the right resources and the right history to attract a coach who can be successful in the 21st century. Boeheim is a legend. Make no mistake. But his system has hit its ceiling and is on the way back down. His recruiting gets worse every year.

They can also suck with the wrong hire. Replacing a hall of famer isn't easy.

Reaction Score

You are probably right. I do think they are in the 2nd tier in the ACC with Virginia Tech, Florida State, NC State and Clemson. I don't know, even with a good young coach, that they are getting to that top tier with Duke, UNC, Virginia and Louisville.

This place is nuts, but their board is the worst. Besides the fact that they think we are dead despite us hiring last year's hot coach, they think they are a Top 5 job nationally, and they aren't. Not everyone wants to live in Central New York.

August_West

Reaction Score

They are a different case. Because of how unique and married to his system he is. I mean back in the day Syracuse used to be able to come out of their zone from time to time into man. They needed to last night when Baylor was lighting them up. Boeheim NEVER does that any more. The only time is when they go to the frenetic pressure when playing catch up.

His recruiting has been suffering for a few years now. And thats because he is half a lame duck at his age, no one know how long hes there and also that the hard line approach to his brand turns a lot of the top recruits off. Recruits he used to get.

August_West

Reaction Score
Number 1 sign Boeheim has lost it?

Buddy played 40 minutes last night even though he was dreadful.

Reaction Score
They are a different case. Because of how unique and married to his system he is. I mean back in the day Syracuse used to be able to come out of their zone from time to time into man. They needed to last night when Baylor was lighting them up. Boeheim NEVER does that any more. The only time is when they go to the frenetic pressure when playing catch up.

His recruiting has been suffering for a few years now. And thats because he is half a lame duck at his age, no one know how long hes there and also that the hard line approach to his brand turns a lot of the top recruits off. Recruits he used to get.
They can sell the hell out of the ACC, selling bumblefark NY isn't exactly selling pizza/ice cream. Then there is the coaching part of the equation.

August_West

Reaction Score

So can we.

So can anyone.

As bad as the end of the KO era got we won a title the second year after replacing a HOF'er. I know 350 schools who sign the dotted line for that in a minute.

Until Hurley goes 26-5 and to the sweet 16, was he the right hire?

To a man we all here think he is right now.

We are just speculating on the unknown. We are hoping he is the right hire. His past tells us hes the right hire.

But if the next 2 seasons play out like this one (as a source of conversation) the "right hire" bit starts to have its faith shaken.

Why would Syracuse or any other school be different.

The right hire = success
the wrong hire = failure

Reaction Score
So can we.

So can anyone.

As bad as the end of the KO era got we won a title the second year after replacing a HOF'er. I know 350 schools who sign the dotted line for that in a minute.

Until Hurley goes 26-5 and to the sweet 16, was he the right hire?

To a man we all here think he is right now.

We are just speculating on the unknown. We are hoping he is the right hire. His past tells us hes the right hire.

But if the next 2 seasons play out like this one (as a source of conversation) the "right hire" bit starts to have its faith shaken.

Why would Syracuse or any other school be different.

The right hire = success
the wrong hire = failure
Syracuse will be a better program once JB retires.

Luckily his ego will keep him there for a while more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I took a quick glance at their bball board.

Great to see the following topics:

1. Altitude of the game
2. Refs
3. Are we better off without JB
4. How much longer with JB
5. Is there a plan to replace JB
6. If JB leaves what coaches can we get
7. Zone Defense
8. We just aren't that good

Syracuse Basketball Board

August_West

Reaction Score
They can sell the hell out of the ACC, selling bumblefark NY isn't exactly selling pizza/ice cream. Then there is the coaching part of the equation.

yeah so.

Id bet you on that,

but ah you know...................

Reaction Score
Why would Boeheim quit drawing the huge salary he draws and being king of the hill in central NYS? No one expects him to win the ACC with Duke and Carolina et al anymore. Just make the tourney which he does and all are happy. Every now and then they get a run. If I were him I wouldn’t quit until they carry me out feet first on a stretcher. His kids get financial security every year he stays.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You are probably right. I do think they are in the 2nd tier in the ACC with Virginia Tech, Florida State, NC State and Clemson. I don't know, even with a good young coach, that they are getting to that top tier with Duke, UNC, Virginia and Louisville.

This place is nuts, but their board is the worst. Besides the fact that they think we are dead despite us hiring last year's hot coach, they think they are a Top 5 job nationally, and they aren't. Not everyone wants to live in Central New York.

Virginia is the top tier in the ACC? Since when, the past 3 or 4 seasons? Far be it for me to defend Cuse but UVA has 2 Sweet 16s in the past 20 years. They are no Syracuse.

It is, it was, and always will be Duke and UNC, and then a lot of good to great programs led by Cuse and Ville among others.

Reaction Score
Cuse could have been better off with JB retiring 2 years ago and giving the job to Mike Hopkins.

2 years later, Mike Hopkins is at UW and has them in the tournament and named Pac 12 coach of the year two times. And they just signed him to a 6 yr extension.

Reaction Score
Virginia is the top tier in the ACC? Since when, the past 3 or 4 seasons? Far be it for me to defend Cuse but UVA has 2 Sweet 16s in the past 20 years. They are no Syracuse.

It is, it was, and always will be Duke and UNC, and then a lot of good to great programs led by Cuse and Ville among others.
Thats fair. But consider since 2014 they have been a 1 seed four times and another year they were a 2. Their postseason performance has not been good.

Reaction Score
Cuse could have been better off with JB retiring 2 years ago and giving the job to Mike Hopkins.

2 years later, Mike Hopkins is at UW and has them in the tournament and named Pac 12 coach of the year two times. And they just signed him to a 6 yr extension.
@pauliepeppas do Cuse fans want Hopkins back?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thats fair. But consider since 2014 they have been a 1 seed four times and another year they were a 2. Their postseason performance has not been good.

You gotta wonder if they'll go the way of Pitt and fade back into the pack, or be like a Nova who eventually breaks through.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
it will ALWAYS be: something > 1

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I wouldn't be shocked if her retires now. With the season behind him, the emotional toll of that car accident may weigh on him much more. I can't imagine what the quiet times must be like for him. I am not betting on him leaving, but i wouldn't be shocked.
Less "quiet time" if he keeps coaching. As much as I dislike the guy, it would really be a shame if that came to pass. I'm fine if he gets a show cause for systematic and perpetual cheating but to have his career shorted by this tragedy just would seem wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom