4/1/18 - Baylor vs. Iowa | The Boneyard

4/1/18 - Baylor vs. Iowa

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Greetings from Greensboro!

The arena is filling in more than I expected, which is exciting. Hoping for some good energy in the arena tonight.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Why am I thinking about Dolly Parton as I watch this game?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
@Argonaut how does the crowd look to your eyes? 3,000?

I’d say somewhere between 2500 and 3000. When it fills back in from half time I’ll take another picture.

@Argonaut do they sell alcohol at NCAA games now?

I think since it’s not on a campus they can. Someone else would be better to speak on the rules. But my $10 vodka cran was lovely.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Both ends are pretty empty and the middle section on the bench side is pretty packed in.
B8B0B19C-2640-4FDF-AF41-7E8B5B5D0AED.jpeg

Reaction Score
Poor Gustafson just didn't have enough of a supporting cast. They had to hit 3s and just didnt.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I googled it and this is the first year they are selling alcohol at the NCAA men’s or women’s tournament.

They sold alcohol at the ACC women's tournament this year and last.... cant remember the previous years.

Just in time to ruin @triaddukefan ’s program. :(

Program is still a bit moist... and a bit wrinkled... and has a stale (?) beer scent..

How did you snag those seats?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
They sold alcohol at the ACC women's tournament this year and last.... cant remember the previous years.

Program is still a bit moist... and a bit wrinkled... and has a stale (?) beer scent..

How did you snag those seats?

They were just open seats in the bar area. We got there a little early (about 6:15) because of unpredictable I-85 traffic and were just going to hang out a few minutes before the game after we got a drink. We ended up just staying.

Reaction Score
Uuuuuugh.

It's amazing how you can be such a heavy favorite and still be munching on such a large bowl of sour grapes. MG was their team. Period. And with a supporting cast like Baylor's, if I had to chose between her and Brown, I'd choose her.

Also, I just realized I put 4/1/18 in the title of this post. I'm such a doofus. Head bang
I just watched the Baylor post Iowa game presser. Guess I must say, I am a Kim Mulkey fan, her answer to the guys asking about Oregon was classic!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They were just open seats in the bar area. We got there a little early (about 6:15) because of unpredictable I-85 traffic and were just going to hang out a few minutes before the game after we got a drink. We ended up just staying.

Oh ok. That's the area they use if you buy the VIP hospitality package for the ACC Women's tournament. I walked by there a few times and got jealous of all the food that was there :oops:

How much progress have they made between Concord and Salisbury? Last time i was on that stretch... they had the barrier walls up starting about exit 54/55 all the way to exit 70?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Oh ok. That's the area they use if you buy the VIP hospitality package for the ACC Women's tournament. I walked by there a few times and got jealous of all the food that was there :oops:

How much progress have they made between Concord and Salisbury? Last time i was on that stretch... they had the barrier walls up starting about exit 54/55 all the way to exit 70?

There was no food in there yesterday. Was there on Saturday? I know they were operating on a smaller scale for this event, but I was sort of disappointed with the food options.

That whole area south of Kannapolis to the Rockwell/China Grove exit is still a hot mess, especially around Lane St (exit 63?). I know it’s the last stretch to finish, but it’s taking forever.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There was no food in there yesterday. Was there on Saturday? I know they were operating on a smaller scale for this event, if I was sort of disappointed with the food options.

Im not sure about Saturday..... I know on the other side in the Harley Davidson Bar area... they had food. But you had to be a special ticket holder for that area. The food options are always better on the left side of the coliseum.... but even some of them werent open this weekend. I was hungry... and thought I might get a snack after the 3rd quarter..... but by that time... they were shutting down and counting money. So I was stuck with a peppermint and a few sips from the water fountain. Head bang

That whole area south of Kannapolis to the Rockwell/China Grove exit is still a hot mess, especially around Lane St (exit 63?). I know it’s the last stretch to finish, but it’s taking forever.

Head bang Last time i was down to Charlotte..... I didnt even bother going down 85... just took 220 to Asheboro and hopped on 49 all the way to 485. Slower...... but scenic and must less stressful.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Im not sure about Saturday..... I know on the other side in the Harley Davidson Bar area... they had food. But you had to be a special ticket holder for that area. The food options are always better on the left side of the coliseum.... but even some of them werent open this weekend. I was hungry... and thought I might get a snack after the 3rd quarter..... but by that time... they were shutting down and counting money. So I was stuck with a peppermint and a few sips from the water fountain. Head bang

Head bang Last time i was down to Charlotte..... I didnt even bother going down 85... just took 220 to Asheboro and hopped on 49 all the way to 485. Slower. but scenic and must less stressful.

We didn't wander too much on Saturday. We took a small walk around between games, but by the time we came back, someone was sitting in our seats (and were not particularly kind when we asked them to move [GO SIT IN THE SEATS YOU PAID FOR!]) and then we left early because of some... loud and uninformed... people behind us. I just ended up getting popcorn and a way too expensive Dr. Pepper between games.

I was living in Rockwell before I moved to Charlotte in August and spent a lot of time in that construction, and it's a big part of why I'm not commuting to Charlotte and still living in Rockwell. When I first moved to North Carolina in 2011, the construction seemed to stretch from the Davidson/Rowan county line on 52 down to Concord, so I suppose I should be grateful, but Jeeeeeeeesus, it's been eight years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom