3rd Maryland transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3rd Maryland transfer

Reaction Score
Maryland is very strange. They have produced some of the best WCBB talent that's now in the WNBA. But on the other hand, they seem plagued by high-level transfers. Of course, every program loses kids to transfer. But it's usually not your best player, or a player with big minutes. Usually, as per UConn, kids who aren't getting playing time, or those who feel they'll get even less playing time in light of big-talent recruits.

But Maryland keeps losing really good players, even though the program continues to be successful.

Not the norm.

Just speculation but if coaches make promises to recruits about time/position or tells them that they will be the focal point of the team, and those promises go unfulfilled then players might walk. Brenda, if nothing else, is a proven recruiter. I've listened to many of her pre-game pep talks and it isn't her oratorical skill that has landed so many big-name HS players.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Just speculation but if coaches make promises to recruits about time/position or tells them that they will be the focal point of the team, and those promises go unfulfilled then players might walk. Brenda, if nothing else, is a proven recruiter. I've listened to many of her pre-game pep talks and it isn't her oratorical skill that has landed so many big-name HS players.

Possible but I dont think that's the root of it. Players like Slocum and Brown were playing desired roles and left. Leslie and Gillespie left for better playing time.

Seems like it is just the recent 2 who've left that want to play different positions. I doubt Brenda guaranteed Mikesell anything PG related considering she had Owusu coming the next year, and Austin transferring to a 300+ RPI team says more about Austin than Brenda IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom