3pg lineup | The Boneyard

3pg lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With adams on board and gilbert, son of kea(I don't like iea as a nickname), and waters as strong possibilities is a 3 pg lineup for extended stretches feasible?

There were time we played bazz, boat, and samuel together but usually only in short doses. That being said I do think with right guys on a college level it could be an interesting concept. It would render any level of press completely useless by having 3 guys who could bring it up, it would allow for everyone to stay fresh by not constantly handling the ball, and it could allow for a lot of playbook variation that other schools wouldn't be used to. The biggest thing would be defending the post and rebounding but in the past we have had kemba and bazz lead us in rebounding during games anyways. My thought with defense would pressure the ball handler enough where other teams have difficulties even starting their offense.

I'm not sure I even like the concept but I'm just curious to see what others think.

Reaction Score
I mean you really have to stretch the definition of "PG" to fit TSam in, lets be real. He was just there so Bazz/Boat could move without the ball constantly in their hands. Plus he's 6'4 200ish or so and was a good defender so he could get away with playing the "3"

Reaction Score
Why would a 3rd PG have to worry about defending the post? Very few teams post up their wings or have wings with games advanced enough to operate in the post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with a team of 4 solid ball handlers, without a "traditional" SG, but pairing with a Swingman. Not all PGs are the same. There are scoring PGs & PGs who are more classic set up men. They both bring different elements, but can push the ball & pass. We've had many examples of this kind of line up in the past. Ollie/Sheffer, El Amin/Moore, Price/Austrie/Kemba, Kemba/Bazz, Bazz/Boat. I love the idea of pairing Adams with Gilbert as the backcourt of the future. Pick you poison. Bringing in Waters & Ish El Amin would be great for the next wave in 2017. I'm surprised we've not offered Shamorie Ponds of NYC for 2016 (scoring combo guard & pick pocket on defense). He reminds me of Kemba, tough & quick, yet less athletic. He's been blowing it up this spring. I'd love to bring Ponds in with Gilbert as a dynamic speedy backcourt for 2016 off the bench.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
No. We're not Villanova and by that time I hope Hammy, Enoch, and Larrier will lock up the 3/4 spots and maybe Zach Brown or even Enoch can hold down the 5.

If we're starting/running Adams, Gilbert, and El-Amin/Waters that means we would have missed out on a recruit or two. The only way this lineup happens is if we get into serious foul trouble.

Reaction Score
We will be too talented on the wings for us to run 3pgs at once. Maybe only for spot situations but that's it.

Reaction Score
Yes Gilbert, Waters and KEA 's son all expect to start in the backcourt when they arrive. We will need 7'0 wings and 7'6" C's.;)

Reaction Score
I don't think Gilbert ever really committed to uconn yet. But is there a high chance he will commit to uconn?

Reaction Score
No I don't see us using a 3 pg lineup. That would cause wayyy too many matchup problems on defense. Waters and Gilbert are both 5'10 and Adams is 6'2. It'd work out great on offense but it would never work on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom