OT: - 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID | The Boneyard

OT: 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Threat levels are provided on a scale of one to 10, with one being the safest and 10 being the riskiest. These levels are estimated using CDC guidelines and the Texas Medical Association's risk rankings.

Three of the places they mention are going to school, playing a sport, and attending a sporting event. Basically, this article suggests you can catch COVID just about ANYWHERE, engaging in the most innocent of activities we used to take for granted. It doesn't paint a very attractive picture going forward. :( Forewarned is forearmed.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Threat levels are provided on a scale of one to 10, with one being the safest and 10 being the riskiest. These levels are estimated using CDC guidelines and the Texas Medical Association's risk rankings.

Three of the places they mention are going to school, playing a sport, and attending a sporting event. Basically, this article suggests you can catch COVID just about ANYWHERE, engaging in the most innocent of activities we used to take for granted. It doesn't paint a very attractive picture going forward. :( Forewarned is forearmed.

These are ridiculous.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
No there was no common sense used in making this list. Other than "IF". Completely stupid.
What makes it problematic is not so much that I think it is wrong, but that some (many?) of the cited dangerous activities are noted to be an issue only if social distancing guidelines (and all the rest) are not being followed. A few are just risky, period, of course, but for example, attending an outdoor sporting event risk is mitigated if you follow the advice in the 2nd paragraph. Not saying I'm going to go to an event (I'm not), but still. Also, it mentions waiting for fast food. While there may be a slight risk, everyone where I go is indeed masked and socially distant which are what they cite as risk factors (hanging indoors close with a group of people).

That's the problem with these articles, they are trying to be alarmist - the tough balance is the truth that - as the OP said - there is a risk almost everywhere vs. what you (and others) can do to mitigate that risk.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What makes it problematic is not so much that I think it is wrong, but that some (many?) of the cited dangerous activities are noted to be an issue only if social distancing guidelines (and all the rest) are not being followed.

Yeah, hiking riskier than the grocery store? Did you see the picture of the hiker? How's she going to get sick?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ridiculously full of common sense and great advice, IMO.

Eat this, Not That is ridiculous, regardless. Much of their advice is along the lines of: "for weight control, give up the cheeseburger and have a salad instead." Well no kidding. How about suggesting something with a similar flavor profile?

Anyway, how is going to a farmers market (Outdoor open air) more risky than "browsing" the supermarket (indoor, recycled air)?

I think a hotel is one of the last places one would want to be, along with air travel.

My son played baseball all summer and is playing soccer now. With the protocols in place, they are not super risky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but it's okay to go into a wall mart or a grocery store as long as they are at 50 percent capacity, wearing a mask, and social distancing, but you can't do the same at a church or bar. I believe if it's okay for one than it should be for all. Some people believe that churches should be considered the same as or even higher than some of the businesses that are allowed to operate.
The issue is the length of stay at each. How many people stay at a bar for only five-10 minutes? How many church services last 10-15 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom