32% | The Boneyard

32%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is what our opponents are currently shooting in the postseason. If you combined the scores of Memphis and Cincinnati, their total wouldn't exceed an average outing for the Golden State Warriors.

There are 10,000 different things to talk about after a game like that, and there are probably 10,000 different unanswered questions. But I know one thing: this team is playing championship level defense. No, Memphis and Cincinnati aren't Jordan's Bulls, but when you can hold two ranked opponents under 60 in consecutive nights, you're doing something right. Their chasing shooters off the three point line, hassling ball-handlers into mistakes, and communicating on every level of the defense.

This team probably doesn't have the talent to win a national championship. But Kevin Ollie's ability to get them to perform at a championship level on defense is the most impressive thing he's done since taking over, and if there is one trait I'm thrilled he inherited from JC, it's squeezing every last ounce out of his players on that end.

Somebody mentioned the other day that Kevin Ollie hadn't done a good enough job of instilling his will on the team. Well, this team seems intent right now on making every opposing offenses life a living hell. I think that reflects pretty damn well on KO's ability to instill his will on the team.

Now onto tomorrow. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
That is what our opponents are currently shooting in the postseason. If you combined the scores of Memphis and Cincinnati, their total wouldn't exceed an average outing for the Golden State Warriors.

There are 10,000 different things to talk about after a game like that, and there are probably 10,000 different unanswered questions. But I know one thing: this team is playing championship level defense. No, Memphis and Cincinnati aren't Jordan's Bulls, but when you can hold two ranked opponents under 60 in consecutive nights, you're doing something right. Their chasing shooters off the three point line, hassling ball-handlers into mistakes, and communicating on every level of the defense.

This team probably doesn't have the talent to win a national championship. But Kevin Ollie's ability to get them to perform at a championship level on defense is the most impressive thing he's done since taking over, and if there is one trait I'm thrilled he inherited from JC, it's squeezing every last ounce out of his players on that end.

Somebody mentioned the other day that Kevin Ollie hadn't done a good enough job of instilling his will on the team. Well, this team seems intent right now on making every opposing offenses life a living hell. I think that reflects pretty damn well on KO's ability to instill his will on the team.

Now onto tomorrow. Go Huskies.

Great post, and Ollie is only beginning!!

Reaction Score
Great post, and Ollie is only beginning!!

When you compare Ollie to other guys in his age range, it really is remarkable how far ahead of the curve he is. He's already a really good coach, and he's only scratching the surface. Imagine how good he is going to be 10, 15 years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom