300 lb gorilla off their backs | The Boneyard

300 lb gorilla off their backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they won, it wasn't pretty, and one can argue they still played scared although it can't be denied they played hard

I think next game, when nobody gives them a chance, we see a totally loose and much improved Husky squad, playing that game as if they're the team with nothing to lose

Reaction Score
OKST scored more points in the first half of their last game than UConn has in any entire game this year. I'm feeling good.

You are right though, they don't have much to lose in Maui. Short of losing to Chaminade any win will seem a huge improvement. I think they will benefit some from the quality of teams they've played in these first three games, despite the poor result they had in all three.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
For the first time in 50 years UConn has won their third game after losing the first two.

This will be the year of shattered records.

Reaction Score
they won, it wasn't pretty, and one can argue they still played scared although it can't be denied they played hard

I think next game, when nobody gives them a chance, we see a totally loose and much improved Husky squad, playing that game as if they're the team with nothing to lose

I agree they played hard willie but they will not win a lot of games without AG and that's a fact. He is the one guy (although he had a 2 minute run he was out of control also) you can hand the ball and expect him to run the team. JA as talented as he is, makes great plays and makes dumb out of control plays, he is Kemba as a frosh/early soph.. I hope you're right but they lack the skill to beat a team likeOK State who can run up 100 on a given night. I mean our Huskies want to run yet are lucky to get 65 against less skilled and capable teams. I am sorry but the writing is on the wall for these guys if AG doesn't return. May catch the occasional lightning in a bottle but more than that would be beyond incredible.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
At least they'll all get lei-ed out there. So there's that.

Reaction Score
And we can take the boeneyard off of def con 5 for a bit
Personally, I felt worse after last night's game. This time they actually started to blow out a clearly inferior team. I was pumped. Then they reverted right back to selfish, craptastic basketball at it's finest. At least he benched Purvis for being the worst offender this time. The dude needs a reality check running around with #15. They should retire that number and give him #0, to represent his approximate FG% over the first 3 games of the year against mid-majors.

I actually started laughing out loud at several points... when Adams throw the ball away for the 5th time, or when the defense just utterly broke down again to give them a wide open 3 or lay-in. Or when we missed another layup and didn't get back to defend the fast break that was definitely about to go the other way. Then arguably one of our best 2 or 3 players got injured.

Sure we won. But if Brimah didn't play like a beast and completely bail us out we would have lost by 10.

So anyway, I'm still on def con 5. But maybe that's just me.

Reaction Score
And we can take the boeneyard off of def con 5 for a bit
And Ollie... First timeout call was with 30 seconds left in the half. How? Things were just going that swimmingly? You wanted to save the timeouts because you knew LMU was taking this one down to the wire and you'd need to manage the clock? As if that's something you're capable of? Did Calhoun stop answering Ollie's phone calls or something? /endrant

Reaction Score
Hard Willie huh huh huh huh

I agree they played hard willie but they will not win a lot of games without AG and that's a fact. He is the one guy (although he had a 2 minute run he was out of control also) you can hand the ball and expect him to run the team. JA as talented as he is, makes great plays and makes dumb out of control plays, he is Kemba as a frosh/early soph.. I hope you're right but they lack the skill to beat a team likeOK State who can run up 100 on a given night. I mean our Huskies want to run yet are lucky to get 65 against less skilled and capable teams. I am sorry but the writing is on the wall for these guys if AG doesn't return. May catch the occasional lightning in a bottle but more than that would be beyond incredible.

C

Chief00

True,we often forget how Kemba progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom