30 yards of penalties on the last Vandy drive. | The Boneyard

30 yards of penalties on the last Vandy drive.

Reaction Score
did the broadcast show either incident?
They showed the PI inside UConn's redzone. Didn't think it was a bad call even though most UConn fans will disagree.

Heard the 1st PF on the kickoff (which was a fair catch touchback) was hands to the face on #15 for UConn. (is that Tui Faumuina-Brown the LB?) They didn't show that one.

PWS

Reaction Score
They showed the PI inside UConn's redzone. Didn't think it was a bad call even though most UConn fans will disagree.

Heard the 1st PF on the kickoff (which was a fair catch touchback) was hands to the face on #15 for UConn. (is that Tui Faumuina-Brown the LB?) They didn't show that one.
I could be wrong, but I think it was #16 Malik Banks.

It is unbelievable that UC could get 2 personal fouls on kickoffs calls against a team who fair catches all of them. Their view of kickoffs came right out of the Diaco handbook.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It is unbelievable that UC could get 2 personal fouls on kickoffs calls against a team who fair catches all of them. Their view of kickoffs came right out of the Diaco handbook.

Not unreasonable to say special teams cost the team a win last night.

Reaction Score

I wasn't annoyed at the call last night bc they showed a replay from behind (POV of the ref who threw the flag) and it looked like defensive PI but this replay shows that at the very least, it should have been a no call and very likely offensive PI.

Stanley gets there a little early, with his hands up on the receiver but he certainly doesn't prevent him from coming back for the back shoulder throw. Frustrating to say the least.

Reaction Score

I think he meant the first flag on that final drive, which I too heard referred to as a hands to the face call. But I didn't hear a number and never saw a replay.

But you are correct about the first half personal foul on the kickoff where a player was ejected, that was Malik Banks. Also never saw a replay for that, except for after the "fight" happened

Reaction Score

The PI call was the correct call. Way too much hands well past the line of scrimmage. Have no idea what happened on the kickoff.

Reaction Score
The game was lost on a 15 yard "hands to the face" penalty on a fair caught kickoff that took all of 3 seconds. Still waiting on the replay of that. Starting at the 40 instead of the 25 is a game changer with a team only needing a FG to win and of course any referee would know that.

Reaction Score
LOL that our coach thinks it was a penalty, but just because an ESPNU crew wasn't competent enough to have it on video we have some concluding it was a home cooking conspiracy.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
LOL that our coach thinks it was a penalty, but just because an ESPNU crew wasn't competent enough to have it on video we have some concluding it was a home cooking conspiracy.
Lou paid off? There is a lot money in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Weren’t there posts just last week questioning how we’d react had the 3 calls on final drive been made against us, as Wyoming endured?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom