30 for 30 John Calipari | The Boneyard

30 for 30 John Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The One and Done one? It's pretty hideous.
Yes. Gave me new found appreciation for how much I dislike him. Somehow he actually made Bill Self look like a choir boy in that piece.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if that was new or not but I just watched the worst piece of television I’ve ever seen. It makes Madoff look like an honest laborer.

The ESPN PR machine is just perpetual…..

What was the title? Highway to hell?

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
Yes. Gave me new found appreciation for how much I dislike him. Somehow he actually made Bill Self look like a choir boy in that piece.

It's strange, I kind of liked him at one point in the early UMass days. Those teams were really well-coached. The slimy crap, honestly, who cares. I firmly believe that just about every coach has cheated for a long, long time. But the 30 for 30 was so "orchestrated" that it was disgusting.

Reaction Score
Now I can understand why John Chaney hated him so much and threatened to kill him. Before I knew better, I thought that Calipari was good for MBB.

Reaction Score
Remember it well. Absolutely classic if anyone hasn't seen this check it out. Loved Chaney.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hate the Squid but did Chaney even have a reason for going off? Not that it mattered?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bill Self is a WAY bigger Scumbag than Calipari. Don’t ever forget what Calhoun said about Cal and Pitino either.

Reaction Score
Bill Self is a WAY bigger Scumbag than Calipari. Don’t ever forget what Calhoun said about Cal and Pitino either.
Sorry but I completely disagree. No one compares to Calipari as far as I’m concerned.

Reaction Score
What did Calhoun say it about Calipari and Pitino?

My recollection is that Calhoun always acknowledged that Cal was in on the joke while Pitino actually believes the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

I gotta be honest, I like Cal. He’s a character. I have had a little bit - very little - of social interaction with him and he was a fun guy to shoot the with. This board venerates guys who are much bigger [jerks] than John Calipari because of what they see on TV.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’d rather eat glass than watch a calipari 30/30 or most anything else on espn but if Jim Calhoun doesn’t have a 30/30 yet and that bum does, it just makes espn seem like even more of a joke than they already are.

Reaction Score
My recollection is that Calhoun always acknowledged that Cal was in on the joke while Pitino actually believes the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

I gotta be honest, I like Cal. He’s a character. I have had a little bit - very little - of social interaction with him and he was a fun guy to shoot the with. This board venerates guys who are much bigger [jerks] than John Calipari because of what they see on TV.
Me, @DogMania and @Thirty Three had a brief interaction with him at a pizza place near ABCD Camp about 20 years ago. DogMania went to UMass so he thanked Calipari for what he did at UMass. All 3 of us had UConn shirts on so Calipari looks at DogMania's shirt and says, "But you root for the wrong team." Thirty Three quickly responds, "No, he went to the wrong school." Calipari was not amused and sneered at us. We laughed for an hour about it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

That's pretty much how I remember what JC said.

Calipari actually was a good coach at one time. He became too full of himself towards the end of his time at UMass and when he returned to college and developed the relationship with Worldwide Wes (to land DeJaun Wagner) he started viewing his job at massaging egos and eventually became a caricature of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom